Honeymoon trip anywhere in the World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to confirm that indeed Tahiti would be a wonderful choice, and Scott's honeymoon was indeed a brilliant one by virtue of the fact that he met ME (and my Ball & Chain, mustn't forget her!) while there!

But seriously, Tahiti is a great place for honeymooning, and you can rest assured that however much kissing, smooching and general debauched behaviour you get up to in public, 95% of the rest of the people there are on honeymoon and will be doing the same thing! :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

You could also consider Fiji in that neck of the woods.

The only decent hotel in Palau is the Palau Pacific Resort, and in my opinion it represents bad value for money compared with both Fiji & Tahiti. While the setting is nice, and so are the rooms, there are too many rooms, the food is uninspiring and the service can be sloppy.

Also, the hard corals in Palau took a knock from El Nino some time back and while they are recovering are not be as good as those in Fiji and the big fish life in Tahiti knocks the spots off anything Palau has to offer.

Hope that's of use.

Thanx for everyone's input. We have decided on Tahiti as our first choice with Fiji as second. Right now we are just trying to track down accommodations. Some places are saying that they are already sold out for next June! It looks like we won't be able to use the free hotel accommodations for the trip due to availability, so we will just have to pay out of pocket. Oh well beggars can't be choosers. We will let you know where exactly we end up going and of course to a full trip report.

Thanx again,
Kerry and Kim

Hey D5- I was given this stat by my T agent - more people go to Hawaii In one day than visit Tahiti in one year!!It really is an uncrowded beautiful place! (except the capital Papiete) most hotels are small-75-100pp max-but as you can see a popular destination.
Good luck with your decision!
Drew

Congrats on your first year!

That's a tough question. Cosa rica might fit the bill, Pacific side. I once checked into a resort there Ocotal I think, never made it, but it's got that jungle appeal, not too crowded, remote.

Belize is nice for caving, and hiking, There's some really cool places to visit, but you'll have to travel back and forth from the island.

South Africa? Galapagos islands? I just don't know

http://www.diveglobal.com/explore_destinations/

Check out this site's top dive destinations, might give you some ideas and local dive shops too.

Now if it was me I'd check into staying in Italy and diving the Mediterannean, Ive yet to do enough research to find out where it's best to stay, I don't even know if there is good diving there, but I know the ocean is beautiful and theres plenty to see topside. Sorry, no jungles.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom