Honeymoon trip anywhere in the World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d55guy

Reaction score
My wife and I are recently married and we decided to take or honeymoon on our one year anniversary (June 21, 2004). We want to do some diving, hiking hang out the beach. We are having a real hard time deciding where to go because we have our choice of anywhere in the world! Two of our wedding gifts were airline tickets to anywhere in the world and a week of hotel accommodations!
We would like some places with plenty aquatic life and at least one OK wreck dive. We would really like something lush and tropical with waterfalls and not too many crowds. Really we are looking for and exotic paradise.
So far we are looking at Fiji, and the Caribbean, Hawaii, ???

So based on peoples experience where would you go?

Thanx,
Kerry and Kim

tough choice!

In the process of booking mine at the moment and all I can say is so far it has changed at least 3 times including Australia Sunshine coast, Tahiti but we seem to be settling on Fiji....

but I'm going in about 10 weeks - yikes!

Welcome by the way

Jonathan

Welcome to Scubaboard! For me the choice would be Palau. Unfortunately my wife would immediately veto the choice. I think a decent compromise would be Australia. I have heard from two couples who honeymooned there who had nothing but good things to say upon return. Good Luck!

My wife a I were fortunate enough to experience Tahiti (well .... only on Tahiti itself for a couple of days ....most of the time was spent on the other Islands) We also did the 1 year anniversary thing as we had to post-pone this trip the first time due to the events of 9/11/01

Our experience was out of this world ...... and plan on a return trip soon. The people are beyond friendly and the scenery is probably the closest to paradise you can get. What we went looking for was a place that was not totally overpopulated with tourists. There are many other place in the South Pacific we want to see ....Fiji, Palau, Australia etc.... Fiji was my first choice but Tahiti , for us, was closer (13-14 hours from the east coast), didn’t have to cross the International date line and once "the boss" saw the Overwater bungalows in Tahiti, the decision was made. The topsides of some of these Islands is simply awesome ......

I was very skeptical that lagoons could look as aqua and blue as they do in travel brochures .... I was kinda right ....They looked even more aqua and blue in person!!!!!!..... Truly beyond our wildest expectation.

Of course meeting Scuba Jim there really made the trip !!!:D :D

Here are a few more photos to make your decision even more confusing (do some searches on this topic in Australia and Pacific Islands section and you'll find several trip reports on Tahiti. Look for trip reports on Tahiti by Bacchus, ScubaJim and Finesse to name but a few that have recently been there (There are a few others also).

Oh yeah ...these pictures really do it no justice (downsized pics lost lots of detail) and the diving wasnt to bad either :wink: ...lots of big fishies and really nice vis !! Any questions ask away or feel free to PM !!!

Motu in Bora Bora's lagoon

Oh ... to be there now

Thank you for everyone's input, It's really good to hear from people and they're experiences. it sounds like we are looking at the right areas. Finesse, where did you stay while in tahiti? Those pics are amazing!

Does any one have experience with this place?

http://www.clubbalihai.com/

Does anyone have have recommondations of specific resorts in these areas? Any dives that stand out?

Thanx,
Kim and Kerry

The pictures from Bora Bora were from the Sofitel Motu ( an Island off of the main Island of Bora Bora only accessible via boat ...... In fact from the airport a shuttle boat takes you to the mainland or the resorts on the atoll around the island. The Motu is isolated from the main Island to a degree .... but you are pampered till you cannot take it anymore. A few other pictures are from Pearl Beach (we did our diving through Blue Nui which was by the Pearl beach .... much larger resort but wouldnt mind staying there either. Wendy from blue Nui took us for a tour of the property.....REAL NICE beach bungalows with private plunge pools in their "backyards" with nice sundecks.

Oh no ... I'm getting South pacific fever !!!!

Scott

Hey D5- Tahiti is an amazing place!! Like no other! I grew up in Puerto Rico and have traveled throughout the Carribean,Hawaii amd Mexico and no place even comes close to Tahiti! The place is tuely awesome and the people(tahitian not french) are fantastic!
We stayed for 2 weeks 1 at the Pearl Beach(bora bora) we had one of those garden rooms with the plunge pool-really nice!- and another at the Beachcomber in Moorea,both were phenomenal but the pearl hotels seem to be a notch above-as previously stated the sites are good above and below the water! It is not cheap but well worth every penny!
Feel free to pm me for more info..?
Tahiti is truely a magical place!!

Hi,

My wife and I got married on August 10th of last year and we went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon. I think it has everything you listed except wreck diving. First we spent 4 nights in the Arenal Volcano area. There we enjoyed hiking through the tropical rain forest, took a cruise on a river watching the wildlife, then white water rafting, canopy tours, horseback riding. One of the evenings we relaxed at a hot spring resort surrounded by lush tropical surroundings. From there we traveled to Ocotal on the cost of Papagayo bay. We dived and relaxed on the beach. While diving near the resort dozens of mantas swam over us. If you take longer trip to the Catalinas sometimes people see hundreds of mantas as far as you can see. Other famous site are the Murcieligos (Bat) islands. These last 2 sites are famous for mantas and sharks. If you're lucky you may even get to sea a whale shark. On her first dive of certification one girl got to see mantas, sharks, whale shark and a school of cow-nosed rays. If you want to know more you should check out the newest issue of "Sport Diver," they just did an article on Costa Rica's west on the August issue.

Anywhere...that's a tough one. If you are strickly talking diving I would have to go with Palau, Fiji.....and my third would be somewhere in mirconesia. Australia would have to be 4th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom