Homestead Crater Lake- 7/30 to 8/5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlovelady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey anyone gonna be in Utah during then? i want to dive Homestead crater lake. warm water! :) Get back to me... PLEASE!

Thanks,
Jana :cool2:

We'll be diving in the Crater this Sunday (7/26). Should be more than warm... down right hot (likely 95 or so degrees...)
Doing drills wth doubles.

Crater is great for skills... always consistent.

I did a dive last week at Strawberry Res @ Mud Creek and it was excellent! Not deep (only 23' deep) but great kelp like plants and lots of crayfish. I stayed shallow because Strawberry is high (8,000') and frozen for many months.. so its cold below the thermocline which we wanted to avoid.
Enjoy your dives!

cool. if you have some time, i'm looking for a person to dive with...i know i'm supposed to dive with a buddy. so, I'm trying to meet some people there in utah while i'm visiting. Plus, i may check out some other lakes in the area if i have time. haven't done too much research...but i see you have probably dived a bunch in the area...so, recommendations would be great. :)
thanks! i leave tomorrow am to head down.

shoot, this reply was for r0gue. sorry, i'm new to scubaboard...lol.

We'll be diving in the Crater this Sunday (7/26). Should be more than warm... down right hot (likely 95 or so degrees...)
Doing drills wth doubles.

Crater is great for skills... always consistent.

I did a dive last week at Strawberry Res @ Mud Creek and it was excellent! Not deep (only 23' deep) but great kelp like plants and lots of crayfish. I stayed shallow because Strawberry is high (8,000') and frozen for many months.. so its cold below the thermocline which we wanted to avoid.
Enjoy your dives!

Rick-

What was the temp at Strawberry?

Were you diving wet or dry?

Singles or doubles?

I got my insurance settlement for the burglary. I won't be able to replace all of the dive equipement but I've already started aquiring the basics again.

Art

Strawberry was about 67° above the thermocline. Below the 'cline, at 21-22 ft, it dropped to about 57°. He dove dry, I dove wet (7mm Bare Arctic w/gloves and hood). Both of us were in singles, and one tank lasted us two dives of about 24 minutes each.

Art, I'm so glad to hear you're replacing some of your basics. How soon do you think? Rick and I are hoping to do a few 10,000-ft elevation dives up at Trial Lake and another nearby lake that looks inviting next week.

Art, I'm so glad to hear you're replacing some of your basics. How soon do you think? Rick and I are hoping to do a few 10,000-ft elevation dives up at Trial Lake and another nearby lake that looks inviting next week.

Yes Art that is good news. You're starting to 'sound' a little cranky from a lack of nitrogen absorption. :wink:

Josh what day next week and which lake besides Trial?

Strawberry was about 67° above the thermocline. Below the 'cline, at 21-22 ft, it dropped to about 57°. He dove dry, I dove wet (7mm Bare Arctic w/gloves and hood). Both of us were in singles, and one tank lasted us two dives of about 24 minutes each.

I've got the computer and the camera on order. Delivery is promised within a week or so. I can't replace everything, so I'm thinking the next purchase will be bp/w set up for doubles. This is only at the thinking stage though.

I can't promise to be ready in a week. :depressed:

Art

Yes Art that is good news. You're starting to 'sound' a little cranky from a lack of nitrogen absorption. :wink:

Josh what day next week and which lake besides Trial?

Yup. Once the narcosis wears off I have trouble dealing with reality. :depressed:

Art

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom