Homestead Crater Lake- 7/30 to 8/5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh what day next week and which lake besides Trial?

I can't promise to be ready in a week. :depressed:

We're thinking Wednesday, since we've got a fellow (Chris) who is only off work Wed and Thurs, and Rick is usually busy with work on Thursdays himself.

If you look at Trial Lake in Google Maps, you'll see a whole mess of lakes in that area. I'm thinking Washington or Wall Lake, being in very close proximity. If neither of those work out, there's always Mirror Lake that we know has been dived before.

Art, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't DiveAddicts also rent out a BP/W setup? Might be a little pricey, but worth it to get you in the water. Nitrogen should never be fully de-sorbed from the bloodstream. That leads to Surface Stabilization Illness. :wink:

And to the OP, you're more than welcome to join us as well, provided you can find adequate exposure. We recommend a 7mil with hood and gloves around here, or rent a drysuit if you're trained. Sorry to hijack your thread!!

Rick-

What was the temp at Strawberry?

Were you diving wet or dry?

Singles or doubles?

I got my insurance settlement for the burglary. I won't be able to replace all of the dive equipement but I've already started aquiring the basics again.

Art

I just dove there today...well not at mud creek. wasn't sure where that was..but at the fish cleaning station. there's a cove there too and we dove out past the little island where it drops they say past 60' (we were in wet suits- 3mm and 7mm), so only dropped to 30'. but, no vis. tons of algae. no fish. no crawfish..except dead carcass on the island. and temp was 65 at 25'. anyways, not sure if the lake varries tons in vis, because someone also said that the narrows was good diving (even shallow..but weren't sure exacthly where that was either...) we'll have to go back later. oh well. hope you had better luck diving there if you made it to mud creek....

j

Back
Top Bottom