Holy S...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I have a rather morbid question to ask. I was just wondering if the poor victim knew what was happening to him? They say getting narced is like being drunk and the last time I was drunk I didnt know what was happening to me and everything was a blur and I dont even remember going home or taking off my shoes.

Drowning is a terrible way to die and I think its gonna be extremely traumatic if he realise his impending doom was coming and had no way out in the darkness, I'd like to think he was just swimming around, his mind in dreamland peacefully unaware.

You were pretty drunk..... :)

IIRC the victim in that video looked conscious for most of it. I don't suppose he was feeling very comfortable with what was happening to him, although I have absolutely no way to know that.

I've never drowned myself, but I know someone who has and lived to tell about it. It turns out that after breathing water you go conconscious more or less right away. I'm sure it hurts for a second but you don't notice much. Nobody wants to die, especially from an accident but there are certainly more painful ways to go than drowning.

R..

You were pretty drunk..... :)

IIRC the victim in that video looked conscious for most of it. I don't suppose he was feeling very comfortable with what was happening to him, although I have absolutely no way to know that.

I've never drowned myself, but I know someone who has and lived to tell about it. It turns out that after breathing water you go conconscious more or less right away. I'm sure it hurts for a second but you don't notice much. Nobody wants to die, especially from an accident but there are certainly more painful ways to go than drowning.

R..
The victim was indeed conscious but would his mental state allow him to register what was going on? They say getting nitrogen narcosis is like being drunk

Well, yeah, in my experience you get a similar sort of decrease in your level of consciousness. I've never been deep enough on air to get the kind of narc he would have had so I can only speculate. Based on personal experience he *may* have realized what was happening but had resigned himself to letting it happen for lack of ability to formulate a better plan. Once again, this is based only on my experience of narcosis a much shallower depths (to about 60m)

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom