Hollis tx1 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't actually show "controlling tissue loading" in mathematical terms because that's not really how their algorithms work. Tissue loadings vary with depth, which they don't do on the two computers you mentioned. On the computers you mentioned, the TLBG is representing fractions of nitrogen loading relative to no deco limits. Hatul, you don't have to agree with be but I'm not stating opinion.

Maybe its just me, but I also don't understand the real value of AI in tech diving :confused:

Maybe its just me, but I also don't understand the real value of AI in tech diving :confused:
It's okay. There's nothing there..... besides the dive shops giggling all the way to the bank.

My suggestion is to buy a Petrel2. I'm waiting for a little more money to buy a Petrel myself.
The modern group of computers make the old computers seem very outdated.
Here are a number of reasons for getting a Petrel:
1.) The battery is a common AA type. I was stuck on a boat when my battery died. No one had an extra 2450 battery even though is is one of the most common coin batteries around. Never again.
2.) The data download is via Bluetooth to any PC or Mac. That saves you to use the cable (or purchase one for other brands).
3.) The screen is backliighted all the time. That does not seem a big deal but it means you see the display all the time with or without light. No more waving the flashlight over it to get a view of the computer for night dives or in a deep dark area. Some say this is a waste of power but the computer uses AA batteries! Change them often.

No air integ may be bad for some but it is another thing to fail. I always run an extra SPG gauge hose anyway even with AI. I currently run a Suunto Vytec DS with AI. I considered a HELO2 but that is a rip-off compared to a Petrel 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom