Hollis LX200 with DCX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a DC1/212 and the 150 LX oxygen reg. They are pretty much the same design as the 200 LX. Both my regs are very easy breathers, even at depth. I like them.

Love my Hollis regs. They really are effortless breathers. I just need to learn how to service them.

I do like the fact the 200 LX is reversible. Obviously great for sidemount, which I don't do, but if you're slinging a bottle on your left that really adds to the comfort. I was looking at the Hog reversible reg, but now considering the 200.

Love my Hollis regs. They really are effortless breathers. I just need to learn how to service them.

I do like the fact the 200 LX is reversible. Obviously great for sidemount, which I don't do, but if you're slinging a bottle on your left that really adds to the comfort. I was looking at the Hog reversible reg, but now considering the 200.

When I took my dive comp in for battery change, I had a chance to play with the 200, 150, and 100. Great looking regs. A lot better looking than 212 that is for sure. It felt a lot more robust than the 212. But they are also heavier than the 212. Where 212 felt like it would crumble when you are caught in an strong current, the LX definite felt like you can hit it with a spanner and it won't make a dent.

I'd get the 150 instead of the 200. Exactly the same 2nd stage, except for the PVD coating on the 200 which I think it is gimmicky. Unless you really like the gun metal gray look, I'd save the money and go with the 150. Besides, all LX's are reversible.

The dive shop I went to is the authorized distributor of Oceanic in the region. Good folks and I trust them. They were saying the LX series are great performing and breathing regs.

The LX's are on 2-year service interval like the Atomics. There is FPFL, but let's leave that one alone.

If I was to get a set, I'd probably go with DC7/150LX.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom