Hollis Customer Service Woes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you bought your gear from a diveshop,they should be running interference for you with Hollis. Other than sending in the drysuit for you, it doesn't sound like this is happening. I would like to hear what the diveshop has told you about your situation.

If you bought your gear from a diveshop,they should be running interference for you with Hollis. Other than sending in the drysuit for you, it doesn't sound like this is happening. I would like to hear what the diveshop has told you about your situation.

They don't answer the dive shop any more than they answer me. The dive shop showed me the records of when they called. The Hollis rep knows them by name. But Hollis just plain-and-simple doesn't care about customer service. I was encouraged for a short time when I got an actual answer from a Huish Outdoors customer service rep. But the result of that e-mail exchange is that I am STILL waiting for my ordered-and-paid-for part more than a year after ordering it, and my drysuit that THEY recalled is being sent back to me unaltered except for being shaved of the fraying.

I have a lot of confidence in the LDS, especially since the story of poor Hollis customer service is repeated by so many people in so many places.

We had a problem with two trilaminate drysuits. The two went in a total of seven times for leaks after I said enough is enough. The drysuit company customer service reps told me that they were going to invalidate the lifetime warranty because of all the problems.

As a dealer, I ended up communicating with the vp of sales about the situation. Problem solved. Did they do that for you?

Bottom line is you didn't pay Hollis / Huish for your part or drysuit, you paid your lds. They are responsible. They should make it right for you even if it cost them money to do so. That's why you bought it from them not off the internet.

While not written from the prospective of the consumer the linked article below gives an interesting overview of the warranty process.

The LDS? If they won't step-up and make you whole, why are you doing business with the shop? The LDS made their money on the transaction - what are they willing no throw your way? If you are buying a drysuit, I'll bet you are buying a lot of gear. What's it worth to the LDS to keep your dollars in their pocket and not online?

Name of the shop?

Hollis? Post a video of the suit on youtube. Add good search terms.

Sales rep for Hollis? Likely an independent rep with limited clout. Get the name and start a dialog.

Nick Hollis? You could appeal to him for help at

but I think he has little clout at Huish and will likely refer you to customer service. Their is no 'Hollis' in Huish.

Why not go to the top?

Key Executives For Huish Outdoors, LLC
Mark Fredrickson, Chief Executive Officer

1540 2200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116​

Huish has so many overlapping products.

Seems they are bit overwhelmed by multiple regulators, BC's, Fins, dry and wetsuits.

Calling direct seems better than email.

Asking the very simple questions-Can I speak with someone who can make a decision?
What is your name? How can we get this resolved today?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom