Hollis Customer Service Woes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd Dicker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
There is hope at the end of this story! For what this is worth:

As someone who was a retail manager for years, I find it difficult to tolerate poor customer service. If you treat me badly or ignore me, I will go to war with you until I get satisfaction or cause you at least as much damage and annoyance as you caused me.

My local dive shop carries Hollis heavily, so I wind up being a walking advertisement for Hollis equipment. This past year, I bought a drysuit, two regulator setups, mask, fins, BP&W BC...all Hollis. I ordered a Yoke to DIN conversion kit for one of the first stages, a $65 item. Literally the cheapest thing on the list of everything I bought. Three months later, I still haven't heard from Hollis They wont answer e-mails, phone calls, or letters. They won't answer my negative Yelp! review, and they didn't answer the California Better Business Bureau complaint either. I know from this forum that my experience isn't unique.

Finally, I got on the Huish Outdoors web site and found the Key Person for Customer Service Contact, Ryan Kenney. I had a response--I kid you not--less than 30 minutes after pressing "send" on the e-mail. They certainly have challenges in their acquisition of Hollis and moving everything to Utah, etc. But he understands the importance of being responsive to customers and I wanted you all to know that if you're having any issues.

Happy diving!

Yeah, they are going to have some acquiring pains as some emails won't go through because they didn't know to set that one up. The Huish folks are dedicated to customer service and I'm sure that they're going to resolve all these issues: just give them time and a kick in the butt when needed. They'll succeed as they always have.

Glad you were finally able to get a response. I gave up on Hollis after 5 months of no response to several emails. Ended up selling the Hollis gear I had and moving away from the brand. Oh well...their loss will be others gain.

I sent a Hollis dive computer to Huish last week for warranty service. They do answer the phone, and they even had someone in the service department call me to discuss my problem. I had no idea that Hollis was giving such poor customer service, but it appears that Huish is on the right track.

I have had wonderful customer service with Huish for years...

I have heard horror stories about Hollis. Hopefully those stories are now apart of the past.

I received an email from Huish that they received my dive computer on Nov 29th. They said processing is about 30 working days. Communication so far has been very good.

I got my dive computer back yesterday. It took a little longer for them to service and return it than 30 working days, but this time of year I didn't miss having it. Every time I called them during the process they answered, and were polite and helpful. I am quite satisfied with Huish customer service.

I got my dive computer back yesterday. It took a little longer for them to service and return it than 30 working days, but this time of year I didn't miss having it. Every time I called them during the process they answered, and were polite and helpful. I am quite satisfied with Huish customer service.

I had am email answered 9 months later. It started with an apology and they explained they have a new customer service team. Might explain the improvement.

Alas, they have not indeed improved at all. My drysuit was recalled as "defective" and my dive shop sent four in for replacement. The material was fraying to the point that it looked like a furry poodle in places. How did Hollis handle the defective material? They shaved it. Then sent it back refusing to replace the drysuit. So the fraying will certainly begin again, and I will have to spend thousands to replace a drysuit that has fewer than 20 dives on it.

I am, this minute, going to the hardware store to buy paint to cover the Hollis logo on my mask, fins, and anything else I can paint over it. I will never spend another PENNY on anything Hollis makes or sells, and the part I ordered a YEAR ago is still not here. And I will spend every minute I can speaking to other divers about why Hollis should be avoided at all costs. I hold a grudge better than anyone I know, and Hollis just made the top of my list.

Back
Top Bottom