Holiday slugs at Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We shook off the food coma from Christmas dinner and went for a dive on Sat. morning at Lobos. We were one of just a couple teams there, and were pleased to find pretty clear blue water. Decided to shoot macro for a change, and even managed to find a new-to-me slug :D

Conditions detoriating during the day, with ~10' viz and lots of surge by the time we got out. Hopefully things will improve after the storm moves through today.

DSC_0010.jpg

Trapania velox

DSC_0005.jpg

Doto amyra

DSC_0004.jpg

Flabellina trilineata

a few more here:
Lobos Macro

Nice shots Rob! Thanks for sharing :)

Not so sure about the conditions improving though. Sucks cause we are supposed to be down there this week, through the 3rd, or maybe the 4th for me. Either way my tanks are getting filled tomorrow, and I will finish entering Chucks GPS coordinates so we are hopefully ready to go diving.

Thanks Rob. Beautiful shots. I've never seen these before.

Wow, great shots Rob! Especially that doto amyra, what a cool looking nudi! Conditions today (Sunday) were pretty decent, considering the swell forecast. I'm glad we decided to head down.

Great shots, Rob! Glad that you decided to shoot macro.

What depths were these guys at?

Great shots, Rob! Glad that you decided to shoot macro.

What depths were these guys at?

These were at 170'. Trilineatas are at all depths (in fact they are often found on the worm patch at 20-25' if you look closely enough). Doto amyra, I've only seen below 150'ish. Never seen Trapania velox before; I think it's pretty rare around here.

You diving this week Don?

I was one of those few teams, didn't see those though, must've missed them :)
Well, I wasn't at 170' either...

When we next come down to Monterey, I would sure like to go out with you two and coast on your nudibranch-whispering skills -- although it won't be at 170 feet :)

I was one of those few teams, didn't see those though, must've missed them :)

Too bad, I would have introduced myself. I trust you had some good dives as well?

When we next come down to Monterey, I would sure like to go out with you two and coast on your nudibranch-whispering skills -- although it won't be at 170 feet :)

Sure thing. And when *will* that be Lynne?

These were at 170'. Trilineatas are at all depths (in fact they are often found on the worm patch at 20-25' if you look closely enough). Doto amyra, I've only seen below 150'ish. Never seen Trapania velox before; I think it's pretty rare around here.

You diving this week Don?

Nudi hunting at 170' still amazes me. Really nice diving.

Was the Trapania a range extension or have others encountered it before?

Hopefully I'll be diving this coming weekend. This week, we're in SoCal for family (no diving). As the result, scooter is in the garage if you need it midweek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom