Hole in the Wall in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9:00 is when we leave dock, so you want to be there by 8:30 the latest. Michelle is going to join us, of course, as well as some friends of mine from the Cocoa/Orlando/Melbourne area, and my friend Laurie from New York who is staying with me over the weekend to dive. From the projected forecast, it sounds like we'll have a good day weather wise. We've got some real good people going on the dive, so that will make it even more memorable. I'm really looking forward to it!

Sandy, Just checking, but are you on the 7 or the 4? I'm not on either, but I'll be on a private boat nearby and will try to give you a 'congrats' on the radio for the big event!!

9:00 is when we leave dock, so you want to be there by 8:30 the latest. Michelle is going to join us, of course, as well as some friends of mine from the Cocoa/Orlando/Melbourne area, and my friend Laurie from New York who is staying with me over the weekend to dive. From the projected forecast, it sounds like we'll have a good day weather wise. We've got some real good people going on the dive, so that will make it even more memorable. I'm really looking forward to it!
Me too Thanks!

Sandy, Just checking, but are you on the 7 or the 4? I'm not on either, but I'll be on a private boat nearby and will try to give you a 'congrats' on the radio for the big event!!

We'll be on Republic IV. That'll be really cool to hear from you! Where are you going to be diving? Too bad you won't be with us, but I'm sure you'll have a good time doing your thing. :lotsalove: See you out on the great blue!

Note to self: Never ever ever have Sonny's BBQ before a dive. It won't do you any favors.

At least we saw a nice bunch of black tips!!! :jump013:

And I think that turtle we all saw Saturday evening was the biggest I've ever laid eyes on!

How was HITW?

HITW was fabulous! We had 100+ feet of vis, the current wasn't bad, and there was a boatload of wonderful people. I had everyone sign my log book.....the first time I've had anyone sign it other than instructors...LOL. Were you still sick this morning? There was an absolute HUNK DM'ing today....no one got lost....LOL. We really had a great time. Wish you could have been with us, but I enjoyed diving with you last night. We saw quite a few sharks today, as well as turtles and sting rays, eels, etc. Eight dives in two days....I'm bushed, but very happy. I'll remember this weekend for a long, long time! The dive community has the best people I've ever met. Always ready for a good dive and support each other. I love it!!!

Hope you're feeling better. :-(

I want to thank everyone who made today's dive so very special for me. I enjoyed having all of you share this memorable event with me and making it so much fun. If you ever want or need a dive buddy, you know where I am!:lotsalove::lotsalove:

Note: Jupiter Dive Center usually does The Hole in the Wall on Fridays, but they WILL go out on a weekend if requested and they have at least five people committed to going. For today's dive they were sold out by Wednesday and had to turn others away that wanted to go but signed up too late. This board might be a good way to get groups together when someone wants to do the Hole on a weekend. Just a thought :blinking:

We had 100+ feet of vis,

Congrats Sandy!!!!!!

We were on a private boat just off the Tunnels and saw the IV at 11:00am cruising. Tried to get through on the radio on channel 78(the diveboat channel) but no answer from the '4' and they may have been busy retrieving divers.

Still wanted to wish you congrats on number 100 and what an incredible day it was. Hot Florida sunshine, 100 feet top to bottom viz if you were south of the inlet and big fish friggin everywhere!! April is usually blowing with monster waves and you and everyone got lucky today as you could see hundreds of boats on the water.

Congrats again Sandy on number 100 !!

Hey Sandy! Thanks for the best 8 dives a NYer could ask for. I had a blast with you and felt very safe with you as my buddy. Can't wait til next time.

And Carrie, I really am happy that you were there to witness a few of my snafus. Sadly, no one in my family understood how ridiculous I looked with my tank not attached when I returned to the boat. Or the fact that I couldn't get my flashlight higher than my cheek to signal an ok to the boat due to attaching it too low on my BC.

Congrats Sandy!!!!!!

We were on a private boat just off the Tunnels and saw the IV at 11:00am cruising. Tried to get through on the radio on channel 78(the diveboat channel) but no answer from the '4' and they may have been busy retrieving divers.

Still wanted to wish you congrats on number 100 and what an incredible day it was. Hot Florida sunshine, 100 feet top to bottom viz if you were south of the inlet and big fish friggin everywhere!! April is usually blowing with monster waves and you and everyone got lucky today as you could see hundreds of boats on the water.

Congrats again Sandy on number 100 !!

Thanks, Johnoly!

Yea, the fish boats were all over the place! Capt. Mike and Will caught four bonita and one of the divers speared some kind of fish (I forget what kind). Our first dive was the Hole, of course, then we went to Capt. Mike's, and our third dive was the Tunnels. All fantastic dives. We couldn't have ordered a better day. Sorry you weren't able to get through. Capt. Mike is a very precise captain, and if he was picking up divers his full attention would have been on them. You had the right channel, so he must have been busy with divers (or reeling in the fish...lol). Did you catch anything, or were you diving on the private boat? Thanks for thinking of me. You're very sweet :10: Hopefully we'll get a chance to dive sometime soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom