Hole in the Wall in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on the boat this Sunday. This should be fun!

I've got a set of doubles but was planning on just using a single steel 100 since they said no deco. What are you guys using?

Use small doubles like LP85's or AL80's if you have them. Anything bigger is kinda bulky on a crowded dive boat. Nice there's no deco - I did a HITW dive years ago and two guys decided to set the longevity record on the dive. The rest of the boat was up, outgassed, gear changed out, talked out, awake from their naps, and done sunning by the time these two clowns surfaced.

Ed, so glad you're joining us! I'm using a steel 80, as I'm a very conservative breather and had plenty of air left over on my last dive there. One of my friends tends to go through air quicker so is using a steel 100. Another is using an AL100 and bringing a pony. I don't recall anyone using doubles on the first Hole dive I did, and none of the people that I know are going on this dive are using them. Bring what you think you would be the most comfortable with.

Tom, it sounds like you had a couple cowboys with you! The new owners of JDC wouldn't put up with clowns like that, as they are more safety conscious and don't stay down at depth for a lengthy time on a dive like this.

WOW Sandy -

83 replies, 9 pages, a thread started January 4th - your 100th dive really touched a nerve!!! Glad I'm going to be able to share it with you!!

To all the technical divers - Sandy is right in posting dive w/what you feel comfortable tankwise - but after doing this dive 4 times (5 times??) in the last 2 years, it tends to be fairly quick - by no means do they rush you but the profile tends to be get down, drift to the hole, look arround, go through the hole and start the asent - last time total dive time was +/- 30 min's - it goes quick but it can be a GREAT dive

See you Sunday

It's going to be a great day! Rob, would you say I've grown any since my first dive with you in Oct. when I first started diving again after over a year's hiatus (dive #28, Oct. 20, 2007)? LOL. I'm glad that this thread is acting as a catalyst to get people to dive a fantastic dive that JDC offers, and that I'll be surrounded by many people I know and have dived with (and continue to dive with) for a special milestone in a diver's life.

I think last time I was at the HiW, it was 28 mins. Drifted to the hole at 60', dropped down, through and ascended slowly. It's a fun dive though. See you kids Sunday mornin. Just don't expect me to be awake until I hit the water.

Why do they schedule morning dives in the morning of all times?!?!?!

I think last time I was at the HiW, it was 28 mins. Drifted to the hole at 60', dropped down, through and ascended slowly. It's a fun dive though. See you kids Sunday mornin. Just don't expect me to be awake until I hit the water.

For the most part, diving is the ONLY thing I'll get out of bed for in the morning. Mornings suck. Except when you're diving. :java:

Hey!

Glad you're coming along! As long as you awaken once you hit the water, you can sleep. We just don't want you to sleep through the dive and miss it (the dive, AND the wall.....down, down, down,down,down...ooops) :shakehead:[/SIZE] See you Sunday MORNING!

It's going to be a great day! Rob, would you say I've grown any since my first dive with you in Oct. when I first started diving again after over a year's hiatus (dive #28, Oct. 20, 2007)? LOL. I'm glad that this thread is acting as a catalyst to get people to dive a fantastic dive that JDC offers, and that I'll be surrounded by many people I know and have dived with (and continue to dive with) for a special milestone in a diver's life.
I think you are doing great; diving is something that you get better every time you go - plus I really like the equipment you use

You are correct when you say your post motivated others to come along; is Michelle going?

See you 9 AM (it is 9 am, right??) Sunday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom