Hole in Pioneer wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
I also like PWOH (Pioneer Wings Of Holiness)

<taking out my DIR approved knife and knighting my 55lb explorer wings the EWOH. Damn, that looks more like a slice than a hole...>

Anyone got some spare aquaseal and a few inches of ballistic nylon handy?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
You're the only diver I know who carries an emergency underwater habitat with them...
...and use it for decompression...no danger of toxing in my mini-submersible...

O-ring once bubbled...

...and use it for decompression...no danger of toxing in my mini-submersible...

Be sure to vent any excess hydrogen gas before fillign with 02, or your new nickname will be "Hindenburg"

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Be sure to vent any excess hydrogen gas before fillign with 02, or your new nickname will be "Hindenburg"
I don't have that problem...the gerbils that run around on the wheel to power the light only vent methane gas...

O-ring once bubbled...

I don't have that problem...the gerbils that run around on the wheel to power the light only vent methane gas...
Real divers use hamsters... longer run times.

Joke edited to make the pun more obvious :rolleyes:

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Real divers use hamsters... longer run times.
...the gerbils have dual uses... :tease: (at least that's what Cave Diver told me)

Forgive me for hijacking this thread back to the original topic . . .

I just got off the phone with Halcyon and got the same response as Scubaroo, "Send the wing in and we'll have a replacement out to you soon." Good news for this consumer.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled sketchy Gerbil discussion . . . . . . :really:

Halcyon is enjoying a monopoly with the Pioneer wing series. There is no one else with a comparable product. Rips and tears in the bag seem to be at a greater frequency than with other BC's. I have seen a few that were fixed with Aquaseal. At least they are standing behind their rather pricey product.

so far my 36 has been fine, but I'm not about to buy another one.

As I noted, when I picked up a 55 from a guy who was going to take Cave but decided not to, and it had obvious original shipping damage (and had not been used - completely dry and deflated inside - no way he had ever put it in water - new style too, so less than a year old) Halcyon hit him for the FULL PRICE on the replacement bladder, even though the puncture almost certainly happened on the way from their factory to the original retailer.

As it turned out he gave me the money and I had it shipped to me directly from EE; I have the invoice and credit card receipt to prove it.

Nice eh?

I got my wing, but that incident SEVERELY damaged my opinion of Halcyon in terms of standing behind their product - even in cases where the fault is clearly not the customer's.

Received an email from the shipping company this morning that Halcyon have dispatched a parcel to me. Will have to wait until next week until I receive it to see if it is a new wing, but haven't heard otherwise from them. Will post an update when it arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom