Hogs don't swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what you mean. I have Hog D1s and D3s. Depending on the hose, the collar on the hose blocks the swivel of the reg. My solutions have been:
1) try different hoses. A miflex or braided hose (that are a bit thinner) should work depending on the manufacturer.
2) I also just position the hose setup so it partly swivels until it hits the hose collar. I don't usually need 360 degrees of swivel. 90 or so is generally enough.

It took me a while to get this back in my hands but here is what I am talking about.
ygare2yt.jpg

These nuts are from two different Hog seconds and go on before the low pressure hose. The smaller one is from a reg about 5 years old and the larger one is new. The smaller nut doesn't allow any hoses I have to swivel. When installed it leaves too many threads and the hose goes on too far I guess. My solution is a plastic washer until I hear back from Hogs owner about getting the updated one for this older reg. I'm sure I'll hear back from him soon but until then this fix is fine.
adeje3ar.jpg

As has been noted in this thread, there was a rolling change a little over a year ago to the use of a wider jam nut for our air barrel. This change was necessitated by a change in the internal nipple length one of the major LP Regulator Hose fitting suppliers made. Up until the hose fitting manufacturers change we, as did many other regulator manufacturers, used the thinner nut with no problem. I know, and to my knowledge, none of the regulator suppliers were informed of this change or consulted on it, it just occurred. As a result as some users have noted not all new hoses swivel well using the thinner nuts. All newer HOGs come with the wider nut now so all hoses should once again work, and for those that wish to upgrade the old nut to the thicker one may do so by purchasing the thicker nut from their preferred EDGE-HOG dealer. We are out of these thicker nuts currently but should have some more in about 60 days. The parts you will need to request from the dealer are listed below.

Tech Black Nut = Part # 1C-02-012-02-BSC-V2
Trivalent (HOG) Chrome = Part# 1C-02-012-02-PT-V2.

Best Regards and Dive Safe - Jack Schmidt (Edge-HOG Operations Manager)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom