Hogarthian help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My other left? Buckle is on the same side as the air dump valve.

Not thrilled with the weight pockets, but I trusted piranhas advice and this is what I got. Can always get a weight belt. Pockets are not upside down.
If you have the buckle on the left waist strap then you have the buckle itself backwards. Something is not right.

Those weight pockets were intended for the waist straps, not the cam bands, you need trim weight pockets there on the cam bands.

Edit---Oh, okay, he is shooting into a mirror, duh, okay. But that does not fix that the weight pockets are in the wrong place. But something is still wrong there with the buckle. And the crotch strap loop should be on the same strap as the buckle is fixed to.

James

If to get properly weight distributed he needs large pockets on his upper cam bands and none on the waist he can put whatever size pockets there that he wants.

I do a similar thing but I have a quick release pocket on one cam band and can reach around and release if I want to.

The corrugated inflator should go over the left shoulder. In the last image, it looks like it needs to rotate anti-clockwise by 90 degrees. (Perhaps that image is reversed, but the leftward offset makes sense.)

As far as shoulder harness length, you should be able to reach back and touch the top edge of the backplate. Did you put a tri-glide behind the plate where the shoulder turns into the waist?

I have a similar set of pockets for my sons rig, love them. The pull down dump works very well and even the smaller pockets can hold a decent amount. I feel like I wasted $130 on my Hollis pockets that IMO do not function near as well.

But yeah those aren't for on the cam bands.
Where do you have them?

He's shooting the picture into a bathroom mirror, not taking a selfie so the image is reversed. See the shower curtain in the background.
Good call, I didn't pay any attention to the image being flipped.

If to get properly weight distributed he needs large pockets on his upper cam bands and none on the waist he can put whatever size pockets there that he wants.

I do a similar thing but I have a quick release pocket on one cam band and can reach around and release if I want to.
He can put whatever pockets he wants to anywhere he wants but personal preference does not make it Hogathian nor is there anything unusal about him or his physique that would require him to mount pockets intended for the waist on the cam bands.

He asked if people saw anything and that is what I see. Mirror or not, he needs to double check the waist buckle and crotch strap before doing a final trim cut.

Do as you want but then do not ask if it is okay and not expect opinions to be given. Yes, the mirror is confusing, at least to me and thanks for pointing that out.

Two can play the mirror trick:

My warm water Oxy UL rig, two Quick Release pockets on waist, two standard pockets, one on each camband. Compare to:

Mine is correct per standard Hog rigging, his is not, mostly the reach of the buckle to the right side and the buckle itself is not threaded correctly in that it should double back on itself. Well, QR weight pockets are not Hog, but, nobody is perfect. Sorry, I could not model the beer belly :) .

Another decent link if of any value since we are doing personal preference and whatever we want in a thread titled Hogarthian Help:

James

Those look large like the 10lb or more per pocket, he would be much better off with a trim pocket that has no extras such as d-rings.
Where do you have them?
I have them setup on his waist. I haven't seen that style pocket with d-rings previously. I might order a set to replace my hollis pockets.

Where do you have them?
I have those same pockets. They are your main weight pockets so they go on your waist. You have them oriented correctly, d-ring goes down. One pocket on each waist band. They look like the 10 pounders, so should give you good use in warm and cold water.

Nemrod, didn't mean to be salty. I agree that 10 pound pockets or D rings do not belong on the cam bands. So on those points I am wrong.

I have 5 pound trim pockets but can fit 6 or 7 pounds depending on the manufacturer.

My point was put the weight where it needs to be for proper trim but maybe be able to quick release 5 pounds if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom