Hogarthian help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the cambands, I have a side with a buckle and a side without. Does it matter if the buckle goes to my right or to my left? Does it matter if the weight pocket is on the side with the buckle or the side without?

For the cambands, I have a side with a buckle and a side without. Does it matter if the buckle goes to my right or to my left? Does it matter if the weight pocket is on the side with the buckle or the side without?
Every BC I can recall, including the few in my basement, have the buckles towards the right (when looking at the tank) but it doesn't actually matter, other than possibly having a logo upside down.

Weight pockets are generally used in pairs so you can evenly distribute weight on both sides of the tank.

which STA did you end up with? a pic of the whole thing may be helpful if there's more questions

I usually put one cam buckle left and the other right with my weight pockets, if one on both cam bands, one left, one right.

The Hog harmess should be run with the waist buckle fitted to the left side and webbing lengths set to run the buckle fully to the right. In other words, the buckle is on the left side and is run all the way to the right side. The crotch strap is on the left side waist webbing and is trapped in place by the buckle. Some people carry obsolete can lights on the right waist webbing, the buckle being far to the right traps the can light. But even without the can light, the buckle should go far to the right when worn leaving room for the crotch strap to ride in the center.

James

front.jpg

side.jpg

plate front.jpg

plate back.jpg

Other than the size of my beer gut, does anyone see anything wrong in these photos? Obviously I will have to adjust this in the water and putting a tank on.

Those weight pockets look a bit extreme. Most people just use a trim weight up there, not their entire ballast.

The buckle goes on the left waist strap, you have that reversed I think. Yes, you really should change that before you start cutting if so. This actually a pretty clean tutorial aside from the gigantic bent D-rings lol:

James

Belt buckle on left waistband, so it is a right-hand release.
Weight pockets on waist straps, trim weights only on tank straps. You need to be able to reach and drop weights if necessary.
I can't tell for sure from the pictures, but the weight pockets may be upside down. Can you show a picture of just the pocket, or a catalog reference? If those are the HOG pockets, the zipper is on the top side, when worn.

My other left? Buckle is on the same side as the air dump valve.

Not thrilled with the weight pockets, but I trusted piranhas advice and this is what I got. Can always get a weight belt. Pockets are not upside down.

I have a similar set of pockets for my sons rig, love them. The pull down dump works very well and even the smaller pockets can hold a decent amount. I feel like I wasted $130 on my Hollis pockets that IMO do not function near as well.

But yeah those aren't for on the cam bands.

He's shooting the picture into a bathroom mirror, not taking a selfie so the image is reversed. See the shower curtain in the background.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom