Hogarthian help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You definitely need a STA. No slots for cambands. It attaches with bolts through the two grommet holes in the center.

There are 9 products in the category you linked. Assuming you didn't mean a $450 BCD, that leaves 8 products, a "compact 2 piece" that looks different, and some have the option to add "2 SS Cam bands". I am not sure what those are, or if they are what I need.

Disappointed with Piranha, especially after all the recommendations on this board.

There are 9 products in the category you linked. Assuming you didn't mean a $450 BCD, that leaves 8 products, a "compact 2 piece" that looks different, and some have the option to add "2 SS Cam bands". I am not sure what those are, or if they are what I need.

Disappointed with Piranha, especially after all the recommendations on this board.
Any of the other 8 will work. One is really just the same item but different colors. Me personally would not get the compact 2 piece. You will need 2 cam bands. You can go stainless for more weight or delrin for less. I use stainless for all but my lightweight travel setup.

Here are other options but not for the same cost..

Piranha seems to be out of cam bands so here is an option, you need two

So "2 SS Cam bands" are 2 nylon tank straps with stainless steel hardware?

Does it not make much sense to offer colors, or am I misunderstand where this goes? If it goes between the tank and the wing, you won't see it.

Does it not make much sense to offer colors, or am I misunderstand where this goes? If it goes between the tank and the wing, you won't see it.
SS Cam bands means tanks straps with stainless steel buckles

Of those STAs listed on Piranha , this is the only one I'd recommend

The colorful ones put the top tank strap even with the bolt which, from personal experience, forces the tank to be mounted way too high.

Is this everything I need to completely replace my BCD? I hate to keep placing multiple orders with shipping costs and I am almost a week from my trip.

for cam bands, especially for traveling, I'd go with these, dont need the extra weight.

Light, and will the STA the others posted, you are ready to dive! And you can source cam bands all over the world should one fail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom