Hog tech fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemike154

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am getting into cave diving, and I was wondering if any one knew if the HOG TECH fins were as good as the old school Scubapro classic jet fins?

Don´t know about the Hog-fins, but the Hollis F1 is IMO better than the Jetfins (I switched 3weeks ago after using Jets for the last 5yrs, and different ForceFins before that.)

DonŽ´t know about the Hog-fins, but the Hollis F1 is IMO better than the Jetfins (I switched 3weeks ago after using Jets for the last 5yrs, and different ForceFins before that.)
The f1's look interesting, but I've never dived them. What do you like better about them? I dive the Turtles, which cost about $90. verses F1's that run $150.

IMO, the F1s feel a bit better for normal scissor-kicks, and slightly better for frogkicks , has a different foot-pocket, and they have a very good spring-strap.

You are probably very well off with any Jetfin-related fin, but there are some fins that may suit you better than others...

And the Turtles are 90$ without springstraps, right?

Anyway, if you can try before you buy, you should!

Last edited:
I am tempted after trying on a pair of F1s at OWU this weekend. I noticed they were slightly longer and flexible than the Jets. Have you tried swimming against a current in the F1s using a frog kick? If so, how do they compare to Jets?

I am tempted after trying on a pair of F1s at OWU this weekend. I noticed they were slightly longer and flexible than the Jets. Have you tried swimming against a current in the F1s using a frog kick? If so, how do they compare to Jets?

Not against a current, but I have tried to swim really fast, and they are at least as good as the jets...

You say flexible, but IMO, the tip of the Jetfins is much more flexible, and I feel the F1 gives some more feedback...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom