HOG Tech 2 other rubber fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone post a comparison between Hog Tech 2 fins and Scubapro Jets or Hollis F1s? After looking at the design I feel like Hogs would be lighter but being shorter they may not have the same thrust that is associated with solid rubber fins.

I just got some XL HOG Tech 2's, I also have Hollis F1's and Quattro's in XL and F1's in 2XL for drysuit boots.

The Quattros have been my favourite fin for years and I think they still are. The F1's are big and heavy and ideal for DS, no doubt about that.

The HOG's... I have only dived twice and am on the fence about them. They are really short compared to the F1's and Quattros. I have never been able to find a Jet/clone to fit me other than the F1s. My initial impression is that they lack the power of F1's or even the Quattros due to being noticeably smaller. I did want something shorter than the F1's or Quattros for caves though and they definitely fit that bill, they were $69 on special complete with spring straps.

Weight in grams (all XL):
Quattro 1200g
HOG 1430g
F1 1570g

If anything the HOG foot pocket sizing seems to be just a fraction smaller than the other XL's but not by much.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom