HOG Tech 2 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the tech fins and a pair of Hollis f1's for current and open water. I used the tech fins exclusively last year. 90 % of my dives were done dry and they had more than enough power for my purposes. They were never intended to be an OW fin for use in high current. Their purpose is for wrecks, caves, and other right spaces. Also why they are so short. If I really need extra thrust I use the f1's. Or my scooter. Whatever I'm using its never a race.

Jim, wreck penetration is about all I use mine for. They definitely don't work well in a cave environment. Have tried many times, both wet and dry. Completely useless in caves that are flowing. Great fins for DPV use as they have tremendous control, great for wreck penetration where you need the control in a smaller fin, but they are a special use tool for me instead of general use.

I love my pair, moved to them from an old pair of jets. They're a little softer than the jets but I've had no issues diving in current with them.

that said, I'm just doing single track wetsuit diving and I've not used a huge number of fins before

thanx for the reviews. sounds like people either like them or not.

One of the things that is not being mentioned is that Jet fins are sized strangely. The fin size changes not just the foot pocket. From what I remember a large jet is sized like a travel fin. I can't imagine a Hog fin being much smaller if at all. An extra large jet has a much larger fin area than the large. So the reviews you need to pay more attention to are the ones where the fin sizes are the same as what you would wear.

Back
Top Bottom