HOG Tech 2 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm interested in getting new fins now that I went dry.

I was looking at the HOG fins and I was wondering if someone had some feedback on them.

Also any suggestion on fins for dry suit would be appreciated. I'm not doing any tech dive, just some open water.

thanx

I have a set, XXL in red, love them and hate them. Would not recommend them for drysuit, no thrust. If you're in backmount, Scubapro Jet Fins or Hollis F1's, if you're in sidemount Dive Rite XT's. Only fins I would bother with.

Love my Red Hog fins, and they match my dry suit. :)
Great for dry suits as the foot pocket is a tad wider than done others making it easier to use a smaller size with the dry suit boot.

Tmccar1 wanted to steal them.

Elena, my issue with the Tech 2's is that they just don't have the thrust that most of the other fins have. They are great pool fins, great if you need a lot of control, but they would be quite low on the list if I had to move a drysuit around that was inflated for cold water * OP is in Canada*, or if I had to move in any current.

jet fins are some of the stiffest fins out there, unless the hog version is signifigantly different the "no thrust" comment really suprises me.

jet fins are no where near the stiffest fins out there, plenty that are much stiffer, hollis F1's probably at the top, but the Hog fins are made out of a completely different polymer and while they look the same they are very different

The Hog fins don't have nearly the surface area, or thrust, of the jets or F1s. They are good for maneuvering around rocks and in tight places, and can do a good back kick. However, they are poor for swimming against current or pushing a drysuit and doubles around.

I'm currently using Diverite XTs for heavy gear, and Mares Excel+ for open water reefs and walls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a pair for last season.

The XL were a little large on me, where a XL scubapro jetfin in white is a perfect fit.

I found the jetfin was better in back finning and helicopter turns...but it could be because the fit on the HOG 2 was a little loose on me.

I do not think I noticed any difference in frogkick thrust.

thanx for the reviews. sounds like people either like them or not.

I use yellow jets with wetsuit & the red hogs with drysuit. Jets are just a bit stiffer, but not significant difference in flow or current between the 2. imho & ymmv
The up size on the Jets to fit my drysuit was huge because the foot pocket is narrower.

Back
Top Bottom