Hog Regulator Combo or get something better ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd argue that it's more risk because I have no expectations of free parts for life from Hog. I pay a fair price for the regulator and pay for my own parts over it's life. With ScubaPro I would pay such a premium that I'm basically prepaying for all those 'free' parts and hoping that they don't change policies down the road.

I agree it could be riskier but for different reasons, because with Subgear there is no expectation of free parts for life. If HOG goes out of business, companies like DRIS or VDH will put together kits or buy kits from the OEM. Cerich is not going to be around to stop them. If Subgear discontinues operations Scubapro will still be around to pressure dealers not to supply parts and service. I read the press release Beaverdivers posted and looked at the Subgear website. All the innovative Seemann products mentioned in the release are not on the site. I could be wrong but it appears that the old Seemann products were discontinued.

I'd argue that it's more risk because I have no expectations of free parts for life from Hog. I pay a fair price for the regulator and pay for my own parts over it's life. With ScubaPro I would pay such a premium that I'm basically prepaying for all those 'free' parts and hoping that they don't change policies down the road.

No one who bought their SP regs with the free parts for life program lost their free parts for life. I was just in for my second service under the program. I had a small problem with the first stage not being in the database but after the purchase was verified the dealer seviced the regs under the program. New buyers purchasing only a regulator of course are no longer going to get the free parts for life. I found the scubapro people to be very helpful in getting my reg in their database, so no complaints there. Each person needs to decide whether the higher price without this program is something they feel is worth the extra they may pay for the regulator.

No one who bought their SP regs with the free parts for life program lost their free parts for life.

That's simply not true.

Let me see if I follow this thread. The OP posts hog or Is there something better. Then the OP buys a SubGear SG - 1000.

The Op gets slammed by posters who are " working " for hog.

Now they are using slander against Scubapro & SubGear.

None of these guys work for HOG as far as I know. They just support the brand with enthusiasm. I make no secret of my affiliation. I sell the brand. Just sent two full sets of gear out yesterday in fact (Edge regs, BC's, and some small accessories). To a customer in Vail, Colorado in fact.

None of these guys work for HOG as far as I know. They just support the brand with enthusiasm. I make no secret of my affiliation. I sell the brand. Just sent two full sets of gear out yesterday in fact (Edge regs, BC's, and some small accessories). To a customer in Vail, Colorado in fact.

Oh, please :shakehead:

Funny. I accused someone of being a beaver sock puppet and i was told that I was violating the TOS.

And no. I have no ties to anyone in the industry period. I'm just a well informed diver.

Chrpai,

I did not accuse anyone specifically.

Are you feeling guilty?

BTW, nice pic of your hog reg in your Avatar.

Is that the hog logo in your signature?

As I have posted before some of my students have bought Subgear regulators from Beaverdivers and they are very happy with their gear and so am.I was able to see and breathe off of the regulators and they performed really nice. It is apparent that some divers feel that Subgear is a better choice for them.

Maybe I can make this easier- There are very few regs out there, if any, that do not work. Some are better suited to some diving styles than others. Some are easier to work on yourself than others. Some are easier to get serviced professionally than others. Which ones fit those categories are only supported by opinion. What one person has in generally what they consider best for them, and will almost always recommend that as being best, period, to validate their opinion. But for the most part when have you heard of a reg, especially a new one, failing? Not often. So unless it won't deliver air, it is just a matter of personal choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom