HOG or Edge regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wife and I both dive edge regs. No complaints so far.

The cost of servicing in all actuality is less depending on who does the service. Like HOG, Edge regs have a two year rebuild recommendation not one. There is a recommended annual inspection where when I do it I check and if necessary adjust cracking and IP, replace the spg spool orings, thoroughly clean and replace any worn orings. I charge 35 for this. A full rebuild including parts is about 90 bucks. of course you do need to figure in shipping but even so with the annual, shipping, and full service works out to around $150 every two years. So how does $75 a year compare to what you are paying now for service. And again look at the new cost of the Epic vs a comparable reg that is cold water sealed, has a balanced diaphragm, an adjustable balanced second, and swivel on the second.

Thanks guys. After talking to Chris and Jim, I decided to get the Edge Epic Coldwater with Octo. I will post a review when I get a few dives with it.

Back
Top Bottom