HOG First stage choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After hearing that I went with the D2 and will get the new d3 later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

What compromise is involved in using the D2 for doubles? I ordered two Black Friday specials with that plan in mind. Hose routing not ideal?

I've seen some cool pictures of the D2 hose routing for doubles. I sidemount my tanks so can't offer any insight beyond that-it LOOKS like hose routing is improved with the D2 because of the option of using the (HP?) port at end of the reg.

That is an adjustment screw, not a port.

D1s have a 5th LP port on the top of the turret the D2 does not and Ive Never Played with a D3 so dont know.

I personally like the D1 cold for singles, stage and doubles the rotating turret is ideal for my drysuit house, pressure guage and inflator running of my left and low pressure second stages on the right both primary and octo. For single tank i do find that the first stage is longer than my apex but i love my hog. The benefit of the d1 you can switch easily from singles to backmount or sidemount and route the hose differently.

Back
Top Bottom