Hog D1 vs MK 17/C300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, no micro adjustment. I dislike them, my feeling is any tiny advantage in tuning is outweighed by the necessary increase in complexity and servicing, especially in the field. In field serviceability is VERY important to my philosophy of HOG as a technical diving product. I demand my HOG gear be able to stand up to heavy use in expedition and exploration type diving. That type of diving beats the living snot out of gear, even the best designed and built gear will still need attention every now and then when used to extremes. When HOG needs that attention it can be done with a minimum of tools on the tailgate of my pickup truck in north Florida 7 miles from the nearest pavement or on a boat deck anchored off a remote island. Every reg with the micro adjustment require multiple special tools and way more patience than I have to use when all I want is the darn thing to stop leaking because my 10/70 is a little thinner than the air I used when I serviced and initially tuned my reg..
Thanks, this is how I think it was, so that person was not correct saying it has the micro adjustment...

Yes I do the same on my Zeagle second - only the orifice movement, although I find it does not give me too much range without compromising the lever

no, no micro adjustment. I dislike them, my feeling is any tiny advantage in tuning is outweighed by the necessary increase in complexity and servicing, especially in the field. In field serviceability is VERY important to my philosophy of HOG as a technical diving product. I demand my HOG gear be able to stand up to heavy use in expedition and exploration type diving. That type of diving beats the living snot out of gear, even the best designed and built gear will still need attention every now and then when used to extremes. When HOG needs that attention it can be done with a minimum of tools on the tailgate of my pickup truck in north Florida 7 miles from the nearest pavement or on a boat deck anchored off a remote island. Every reg with the micro adjustment require multiple special tools and way more patience than I have to use when all I want is the darn thing to stop leaking because my 10/70 is a little thinner than the air I used when I serviced and initially tuned my reg..

Thanks a lot, it's good to hear it from the original source...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom