HOG 35lb Doubles Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony387

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was just wondering if anyone had any experience diving this wing. Any reviews, comments, etc?

I've dove one a handful of times with double AL80's. It's a solid wing, I just opted for something with a little bit more lift as when I do dive dubs I prefer steel 95's or 104's. What size tanks are you looking to dive with it? What particular questions do you have about it?

Hog wings are fine. They are not the most rugged, compared say to a DSS. But then, what is all this ruggedness about? For the price, it's hard to beat. Good price, good quality.

The only thing Im not a fan of in Hog wings is the inflator. I just don't like it. It's a personal thing. I fixed it on my wings by buying a 14.95 generic inflator on DiveGearExpress. Done.

I agree with ElGaucho on the ruggedness of wings. Just about every wing on the market is rugged enough for it's intended purpose and most come with a pretty liberal warranty/guarantee...mainly because they're safe in offering it because if you tear apart a wing the chances are you are not diving it anywhere near the way it was intended to be dove.

With respect to the inflator, that it a personal preference thing as I really like the valve on the HOG wing. Again, provided you use it as intended it will offer you reliable use.

Will be using it for AL80s. I've heard good things from several guys I know...and I thought I would get some additional input. Thanks everyone.

For Al80's it's about as good as you can get. Right amount of lift, size, and it's really streamlined.

agreed, only thing that would sway me elsewhere is if made in USA means something to you. If it does, I would consider a Deep Sea Supply or Dive Rite wing, similar price range, but made domestically. DSS in California, Dive Rite in New York. The Dive Rite Rec wing actually works very well for AL80 doubles, LP72/85'sand HP100's as well

TBone, Hog has had their wings made in the USA before. They had a few batches made in the USA. They go between 3 different factories, all a little different. I'm not sure exactly where they are made right now, it depends on what was setup right before Chris left. So, some of the Hog wings, a big chunk, have been made in the USA :wink:

They haven't been made here for a few years, may be some stragglers left, but they are all made in one of two factories overseas according to my last discussion with Jack about it a few months ago. Was actually something I was going to bring up next time I talked to you since they aren't buying anything from the US supplier anymore, I think the only things left made in the US are the drysuits

Last edited:
They haven't been made at XXXXX for a few years, may be some stragglers left, but they are all made in one of two factories overseas according to my last discussion with Jack about it a few months ago. Was actually something I was going to bring up next time I talked to you since they aren't buying anything from XXXX anymore, I think the only things left made in the US are the drysuits

They have teetered back and forth a few times. I sent you a message as some of this is info that isn't fully necessary for public viewing (IE, the factory names), and is more inside info than should be made public.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom