Hog 23# wing on sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My new Hog wing just arrived. Yaay!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

It looks so much more compact than my 30 # horseshoe. I cannot wait to give it a go! Unfortunately, my boat out of Hatteras for Monday cancelled today due to the weather forecast. :( I guess it will be next weekend or the one after before I can get it wet.

Post a photo comparing the two when you get a chance. I have a 32 Hog and from what I remember it was wider than an DSS 30 or a Halcyon. However, I do think it is well made.

Could not resist. Eric has the 32 Hog and I thought the 23 would be good for travel. And of course while I was on the web site I had to order something for myself too. And DRIS price matched! Already got email both items shipped.

Post a photo comparing the two when you get a chance. I have a 32 Hog and from what I remember it was wider than an DSS 30 or a Halcyon. However, I do think it is well made.

Will do. It might not be until Sunday or Monday. I'm heading straight to Lake Phoenix after work, for my first weekend in the water for Tech training.

Good luck and have fun on the training this weekend Stuart! What course are you taking?

Good luck and have fun on the training this weekend Stuart! What course are you taking?

I'm taking Intro to Tech+Advanced Nitrox+Deco Procedures. I'm done with all the classroom stuff and this weekend was my first in-water training. Valve drills, S-drills, gas switches, failure scenarios, deco bottle handling, staged ascents, etc..

We did 3 long dives between Sat and Sun. I think my Petrel recorded a bit over 200 minutes total dive time. It was awesome! :)

I see you passed the 50 dive mark, too. Congratulations.

I'm taking Intro to Tech+Advanced Nitrox+Deco Procedures. I'm done with all the classroom stuff and this weekend was my first in-water training. Valve drills, S-drills, gas switches, failure scenarios, deco bottle handling, staged ascents, etc..

We did 3 long dives between Sat and Sun. I think my Petrel recorded a bit over 200 minutes total dive time. It was awesome! :)

Well, it sounds like you had more fun than I did this weekend! I remember my AN/DP course. I had a lot of fun and learned a great deal.

My new Hog wing just arrived. Yaay!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

It looks so much more compact than my 30 # horseshoe. I cannot wait to give it a go! Unfortunately, my boat out of Hatteras for Monday cancelled today due to the weather forecast. :( I guess it will be next weekend or the one after before I can get it wet.
Good to hear, my order arrives tomorrow. I had to jump into the deal, I purchased the 23lb wing for future travels.

Is the built-in STA sufficient, or should I look into buying a separate sta?

Last edited:
Good to hear, my order arrives tomorrow. I had to jump into the deal, I purchased the 23lb wing for future travels.

Is the built-in STA sufficient, or should I look into buying a separate sta?

For most the built in STA/Roll control system is sufficient. However, there are some that still prefer the added weight and positioning of a separate STA. Basically, it's a personal choice thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom