Hog 23# wing on sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good wing, good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the love Stuart! It is a pretty good deal if we do say so ourselves!:D

Thanks for the love Stuart! It is a pretty good deal if we do say so ourselves!:D

Thank YOU for the good deal! :D

---------- Post added September 17th, 2015 at 02:58 PM ----------

Annnnd.... I actually just found out DRiS is having a nice sale on all their Hog gear. A Hog Al back plate, with a Hogarthian harness and an STA is $130. +$20 for stainless steel.

So, a full BP/W rig, needing nothing but some cam bands, for $300! Nice!

D3 1st stages and Zenith seconds are also going for big discounts (D3 for $190). Plus other Hog gear on sale, too.

Thanks, DRiS!!

We try! Enjoy the wing Stuart!:cool2:

Thank YOU for the good deal! :D

---------- Post added September 17th, 2015 at 02:58 PM ----------

Annnnd.... I actually just found out DRiS is having a nice sale on all their Hog gear. A Hog Al back plate, with a Hogarthian harness and an STA is $130. +$20 for stainless steel.

So, a full BP/W rig, needing nothing but some cam bands, for $300! Nice!
DGX can sell you a COMPLETE package for US$299.00. SS plate is just US$10.00 extra

DGX can sell you a COMPLETE package for US$299.00. SS plate is just US$10.00 extra
I am very well aware of that. But, the DGX wing has no built-in device for stabilizing the tank. Several people here on SB have told me that using the DGX wing without an STA can result in the tank moving around. The Hog wing does have a built-in roll control device (I believe).

Tank straps are moot, to me. The DGX QR tank straps are $20 each, and I would those anyway, even though the DGX package includes regular straps.

So, DGX pkg plus OMS Soft STA ($15), QR tank straps ($40), is $355. Hog package plus straps is $340....

Just an FYI, I just noticed the Hog 23 # wing is on sale at Dive Right In Scuba for $170! :)

You need to check out the hot deals forum, it was posted there a day or two ago.

I am very well aware of that. But, the DGX wing has no built-in device for stabilizing the tank. Several people here on SB have told me that using the DGX wing without an STA can result in the tank moving around. The Hog wing does have a built-in roll control device (I believe).

Tank straps are moot, to me. The DGX QR tank straps are $20 each, and I would those anyway, even though the DGX package includes regular straps.

So, DGX pkg plus OMS Soft STA ($15), QR tank straps ($40), is $355. Hog package plus straps is $340....
I don't use STA but use two PAD which cost $1.75 a piece. The included cam straps are more than adequate.
So the revised price is US$302.50.

My new Hog wing just arrived. Yaay!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

It looks so much more compact than my 30 # horseshoe. I cannot wait to give it a go! Unfortunately, my boat out of Hatteras for Monday cancelled today due to the weather forecast. :( I guess it will be next weekend or the one after before I can get it wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom