HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen some wave model charts made by who knows who, that purports to show a permanent wave shadow on the beach caused by the ship :shakehead:
and ... Illustrations that show a huge ship a less than a 100 meters off shore looming over the beach :shakehead:

DB,

Was that for the Adelaide or another ship?

Hundreds at Terrigal rally to support sinking of HMAS Adelaide ...
The estimated 500-strong crowd of pro-ship supporters included politicians, councillors, environmental groups, scientists, business people, ex-servicemen, and residents.
... Hundreds at Terrigal rally to support sinking of HMAS Adelaide - Local News - News | Express Advocate Gosford Edition

ce894909a074b357ebc7c65d601c8fc8_resized.jpg

Adelaide

here's one of the *facts* the NoShip people are showing ...

and this picture ...

Ha! That's a classic!

Did they provide a reference for these "facts"? Studies etc?
(I can't access FB here at work, so can't check the source of those pics.)

Not much point sinking the ship as a dive site if it protrudes from the water like that!!

LOL, given the size of the ship in the photo I'm not supprised the board riders are concerned about their break - it's higher than the point on the right hand side :confused:

Pretty weak to try and use parents concerns about their childs safety for their own ends! Not cool.

By the way when they say "in 30m of water" does that mean the ocean floor is 30m or the top of the wreck is at 30m?

I am up the back on the left, near the white sign in that picture :D

The rally was great success and we had a lot of people who have a great knowledge give information and dispel myths

The wreck is in about 35m of water. One of the requirements was it to be sunk in more then 30m of water.

Back
Top Bottom