HL_2400 LED light from Ano Industries (2400 lumens)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does have a nice halo. It will be another month before our shoot out and I plan on getting pattern potties of many lights. This has a bright center beam, but a dim halo. I was looking for that so I don't get a lot of back scatter. This should really cut through the water. Might have to plan a night dive to one of the nice clear quarries and see how it does in those waters.

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added September 10th, 2013 at 09:03 PM ----------

My diffuser is a little small for the head of the HL2400 but it does a decent job of spreading the beam. I am not a photographer or videographer so it is hard for me to say exactly how it would work for that. I can tell you that even with the diffuser on, you won't want to look into the light. It is extremely bright. With my diffuser being hand held in front, I can still see the center is a little brighter.

After you placed the order, how long till it showed up at your address?

Think it took about 2 weeks. Just got done with a 40 dove to 65' fresh water. Light performed well. Very bright. First impression is very positive. I am used to the firm factor since my previous dive light was the same.

Sent from Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Grabbed the light yesterday to show a buddy how bright it was...didn't turn on. Strange since I had only used it on that one dive, but - it was cold water and I did run it for a good hour so I assumed the battery may be too low. I made up a plug to charge from my RC charge station which would give me a lot more battery info. The charge station said it was at 0.9V! I opened up the light to check for any water seepage and did not find any. Hoped to pull the battery pack out at that point. Sadly I was disappointed to see this is not an option. It will not pull out far enough to see how it is connected to the switch/LED circuit, and it is soldered to a charge port on the back cover. This allows it to open far enough for the pack to come about half way out so I can see what looks like a 4 cell pack and by the charge voltage of 16.8V, I would assume something like a LiPO pack but I have asked Janey at Ano Industries to confirm.

When I emailed Janey, I also asked if there was any way to remove the pack. As it is, this is a disposable light. If the pack fails, a person would have to pitch the whole light. Shipping to and from China to have the pack replaced would probably not be practical. Can't say I was impressed with the soldering or wires running to the charge port. I can hear the pack moving slightly in the battery compartment (planning on adding a little foam pad to stop this). Wires seemed very small (appox. 24 gauge) and they are soldered directly on without any strain relief. Realize there isn't much strain here but if the wrong wire breaks off and hits the metal casing - it could lead to a bad situation. Just needs a couple holes through the circuit board and slightly heavier wires running through them and then being soldered to give it strain relief and more meat for the solder to hold to.

Believe Janey said this was a pre-production run and she seemed open to suggestions. I am hoping they will take some suggestions and incorporate them into a future design. Think they are on to something here but a non-field replaceable battery is a killer. I can't even make up my own pack because I can't get it our of the light far enough to see what the other side is all about.

The specs that I saw for the torch said the batteries were 4x18650 so they would be Lithium metal hydride. Strange choice of design if there's now way to replace them. I see they have a 2300 lumen cannister torch too:
Ano Canister Torch Cl-2300 Focus Adjust 3 Cree T6 Led Hid Dive Light - Buy Hid Dive Light,Cree T6 Hid Dive Light,3 Led Hid Dive Light Product on Alibaba.com

From the title it has adjustable focus so it migth work well as a video light. Doesn't look like it comes with a goodman handle though.

Edit: actually base on the lower pictures it has a Goodman handle.

Ano canister torch CL-2300 Focus adjust 3 cree t6 led hid dive light

Focus adjust 3 cree t6 led hid dive light

ano.PNG

the batteries were 4x18650 so they would be Lithium metal hydride.

.............must be someone super stupid to buy something like that.......... with such an advertisement and picture :D

It seems the battery pack had the short cut if the voltage is only 0.9V. You need to use the charger to re-activate the battery in order to achieve the normal voltage. The product you got was from our pre-production. Right now, we have improved the battery like below picture and no matter how we are going to pitch the light; it will have no problem for the circuit. We are trying to work with more dealers in the world wide in order to let the user replace/repaire easier.

Thanks for your comments.

new battery.jpg

The specs that I saw for the torch said the batteries were 4x18650 so they would be Lithium metal hydride. Strange choice of design if there's now way to replace them.

Janey did confirm they are 18650 batteries in the pack. An 18650 is a LiIon though - not a LiMH as far as I know. At least they are from what Janey said they were using.

Back
Top Bottom