Hissing sound when valve is open (I changed the o-ring already)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry guys. Troubleshooting is what I've done most of my life and replacing parts because they are likely failure points is not troubleshooting. Sometimes we do that when there is no reasonable way to test things. Troubleshooting would be using a water bath or soapy water to figure out where the air is coming out of. Or you could "troubleshoot" it by replacing the tank and the reg with new ones. That usually fixes the problem but it isn't troubleshooting.

LOL.. Fixing the thing so bubbles stop coming out is the goal.

If 60 seconds and a 20 cent O-ring fixes the problem on 95% of the similar situations, then that is where you start. Notice how I diagnosed the problem from a rather general description?

If I was on the boat with a small leak, I think I would rather have a "fixer" than a troubleshooter. :D:shakehead:

LOL.. Fixing the thing so bubbles stop coming out is the goal.

If 60 seconds and a 20 cent O-ring fixes the problem on 95% of the similar situations, then that is where you start. Notice how I diagnosed the problem from a rather general description?

If I was on the boat with a small leak, I think I would rather have a "fixer" than a troubleshooter. :D:shakehead:

Well worth a try! But if it doesn't work then you have to troubleshoot.

There's regular troubleshooting and certain-type-of-dive shop troubleshooting, the latter would result in a new tank and titanium regulator, just to be on the safe side.

Glad you got it fixed. Those insert plugs can be a pain to remove if they're left in too long, so I'd suggest removing them when the tank is in storage, especially if you use them in salt water.

Reactions: BRT

Back
Top Bottom