Hissing on Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zeagle Flathead 7. I'm not sure this is normal but I have a hissing on the second stage when the Breathing effort FULLY counter clockwise and I set the Venturi Lever all the way to the + position. I get this at the surface and under water. Is this normal?

I can get rid of the hiss when I turn the breathing effort a little clockwise.

What could be the issue?

The situation you’re describing does not involve the Venturi Levers position.
The Breathing Effort Knob can sometimes unload the Spring force just a little too much when turned fully clockwise. You’re doing the correct thing by turning the knob until the hissing just stops. This will make the force of the spring match the force of the intermediate pressure trying to open the internal valve precisely. It’s a way of getting the absolutely minimum inhalation effort. If your regulator was adjusted so that turning the knob fully clockwise didn’t produce that mild hissing, the regulator would still work fine, but you wouldn’t be able to adjust it to that same minimal inhalation effort.

Thanks Scott! I love the customer service with Zeagle!

Left .....Port

Right ...Starboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom