A Hiss Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOB0.01J

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Divers

This might be a minor issue but still want some feedback and advice ! My unit is the Poseidon Se7en When I was doing my predict checklist and got to the negative pressure loop test part — I switched the BOV lever to close circuit mode and sucked all the air out and then I switched the BOV lever to closed circuit mode while having the mouthpiece rubber in my mouth. And then when I let go of the mouthpiece I can hear a little hissing sound coming out of the mouth piece, and then it lasts for 3 seconds and no more hiss sound…. And seems like the negative pressure holds. All the O rings seems in perfect condition as I take care of them very well. The hissing sound seems is coming from the Xstream regulator which is part of the BOV.

Just curious has anyone encountered this issue or is this an issue at all?

This happens to the Hollis bov on my Kiss units. If it gets too much i just disassemble, clean, and lube it well.

Back
Top Bottom