Hijacking! How good are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be able to dive everyday though and meet all kinds of people that way.

:idk: We wound up "closing" our group of regular dive buddies a while back. We have 8 - 10 which means if everyone is diving it is a fairly large group. All but two carry cameras. Everyone is pretty experienced and busy with responsible jobs and use diving as their main escape... relaxing activity. We dive most weeks same time same location (multiple dive sites there) and we were attracting people who just assumed they could join in but didn't share our non interference, share the ocean, share the photo ops and maintain buddy procedure attitudes.

We wound up aborting dives to look for people who just took off to do their own thing :shakehead: so they got their dive in but we didn't... came close to calling emergency services a couple times:shocked2:.

People trashing us pushing in and scaring critters away. People killing things to feed other critters.:shakehead:

We all dive with others on occasions but no one can invite someone into the group without group approval in advance and the group is already fairly large.

We don't mind diving with new divers and we have really enjoyed meeting a few SB divers and diving with them but that is a separate thing.

Fortunately, Fish and Petunia dive alot!! And we reap the benefits!!

They post their pics and tell us what they saw.

Its the best way to prepare for sleep at night. I have the best dreams the nights they dive. :D

Speaking of which!!!

Sas posted a pic of a dumpling squid and I thought it was the cutest thing EVER!!!!

Have you seen those too???

yep they are cute... sometimes hard to tell them from the reaper cuttlefish.

glad you enjoy the pics... I worry about sending too many:blinking:

Hmm not sure what you mean by dive a lot I think between 35 and 50 dives is fairly average. If someone comes over or we get to go on a dive trip we get more... if we are really busy with work or weather conditions are bad we get a bit less... but I must say I can't drink enough water to hydrate properly... if I dont soak in the ocean for at least 80 minutes every two weeks I dehydrate something awful!

I think our average dive time over all our dives it 59 minutes or was last time I looked at stats.

Well folks I better get some work done or poor fish will come home to a mess.... I will check in occassionally so My responses will be slow

yep they are cute... sometimes hard to tell them from the reaper cuttlefish.

Interesting you should say that. They are considered more closely related to cuttlefish than they are other types of squid like calamari and so on :)

glad you enjoy the pics... I worry about sending too many:blinking:

Well I can't speak for others... but I prefer more photos than too few :) Especially interesting are photos from places I have dived at like Bare Island as I can recognise things. I dunno why but that makes the photo more interesting to me :)

Hmm not sure what you mean by dive a lot I think between 35 and 50 dives is fairly average. If someone comes over or we get to go on a dive trip we get more... if we are really busy with work or weather conditions are bad we get a bit less... but I must say I can't drink enough water to hydrate properly... if I dont soak in the ocean for at least 80 minutes every two weeks I dehydrate something awful!

I think our average dive time over all our dives it 59 minutes or was last time I looked at stats.

Yes I much prefer LOOONG dives. This year my average dive length is 72 minutes I think. Overall it is about 54mins so I am staying longer these days. I think it will drop again over winter though unless I get a p-valve :rofl3:

Bye Petunia!!

Hi Sas!!

I totally agree. Better more pics than too few. And a longer dive, rather than a shorter one.

I may get a p-valve too as soon as I can fit in my drysuit again. :)

Bye Petunia!!

Hi Sas!!

I totally agree. Better more pics than too few. And a longer dive, rather than a shorter one.

still here just responding slower.... but them I am a little slow all the time heheheh

Hi, Fish and Petunia. I'm headed to bed now but wanted to say Good Morning to you. :kiss2::kiss2:. Have some flat whites :coffee: :coffee:

Just booked my dives for ITK in July and am soooooooo excited!!! Good night.

night Sam

Bye Petunia!!

Hi Sas!!

I have a pee valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom