High and Low Seasons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the high and low seasons are for the various diving destinations?

I've seen them mentioned several times but are not aware of the actual months.

Thanks!

--TM

Hi Texas Mike,

Dates vary somewhat by location & even by resort, but generally include as high period early Jan-late Aug, and as low period early Sep-Dec 23. Certain holiday periods, such as Easter, typically are excluded from low season rates.

Best to check with your specific resort for details.

DocVikingo

in this day and age of websites it is very easy. Most "dive resorts" will have a rate schedule with dates blocked out. Thus, the more expensive dates will be "high season". And, it follows, the "low season" rates are cheaper. For example, Juliana's, a very pleasant "resort" on Saba offers cheaper rates from 16 April though 15 December, the "low season":

http://www.julianas-hotel.com/rates.html

These "high season" dates in the Northern Hemisphere tend to corelate with the "cold season" in Europe and the Northern/Northeastern States in America.

However, as I am want to remind folks, some of the "low season" is "high season" for hurricanes and typhoons...

Joewr...a seasoned sage...

TexasMike

I working on setting up a group trip to Palau this spring. During my research, I've found that most websites have the high & low season dates and rates posted on their site. Very convienient.:boom:

Back
Top Bottom