Hiding certain subfora from New Posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before but ever since the upgrade to SB I'm having a hard time navigating around the site and can't seem to find any info pertaining to this question.

I used to be able to select which of the subfora of the SB Matrix I wanted visible when I click on "New Posts". Now everything shows up again and I can't seem to figure out where to customise that setting now.

Any help please?

Its not customizeable at this point.

Thanks, I have since found another thread in which the question has also been asked and answered. I thought it is huge bummer as it affects the way I browse the fora rather significantly. I find it impossible to browse through 7 pages of threads, I just don't have time for it. So I really hope this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Having said all that, I also found this thread by Cave Diver in which he provides a workaround which is a near perfect solution for this problem.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/382251-custom-forum-searches-exclusions.html

For the time being I've created a bookmark that links to a search url of the subfora that I'm interested in and it works like a charm. It'll just be a little bit of hassle if more subfora are added and I want to change the list that I'm including/excluding but for now, this works beautifully.

Thanks for all the work to keep SB great. There will always be some teething problems when a major upgrade like this is effected but ScubaBoard remains the most awesome of diving related discussion boards on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom