Hidden Paradise July 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
Hey, everyone!!

My husband and I are looking at diving Hidden Paradise in St. Paul, IN on July 22. Anyone wanna meet us there? Will probably do the 1st dive at/around 8 or 9 am. Nice quarry, lots of little fishies (bluegill, bass), the occasional turtle, and the elusive paddlefish (now 5-7 feet long). And don't forget about seeing the freshwater jellyfish, skeleton on a motorcycle, and I think there is a tractor and boat too. The cost is $8 for divers. Air fill station on site ($5).
Here's the website- http://www.hiddenparadise.info/scuba_diving.htm

Post here or PM if interested.

Jamie

I think I can probably make it that day. Hopefully the vis is better than the last time I was there, but it rained a lot before.

Divin'Hoosier:
Any chance you could do it Fri, 7/21? I planned on taking the day off of work to dive with a buddy and he had a change in plans. I'd like to still take the day off but at present don't have a buddy to dive with. I can't do the 22nd as my daughter's high school soccer team is playing in a pre-season tournament in Pendleton on Sat and Sun.

I'll know on Monday the 17th. I never know where I'm going from week to week.

tracker:
I'll know on Monday the 17th. I never know where I'm going from week to week.

Hey Tracker. Thanks for the response. I've actually changed my plans and am heading up to Gilboa the evening of 7/20 for a days worth of diving on 7/21.

komi hunter:
I can't on Fri but can on sat. I think it was Wally and polly not me.

Nope, wrong again. It was Hoosier and Polly. I was on the same dive as them but didn't play.

I can go on the 22 so what ever time is best for you all is good for me. I called today and they said water temps around mid 80s and viz around 6-8 it will probably be warmer before the day gets here as the temps are supposed to be VERY warm.

Great!! I like warm water! I am getting child care finalized and will be calling you... probably tomorrow. (I work 12 hrs today, and 6 hrs tomorrow morn.) I will also PM you with my number. Rod and I look forward to meeting you!

Jamie

crpntr133:
Nope, wrong again. It was Hoosier and Polly. I was on the same dive as them but didn't play.

LOL~~~~ It is still being talked.......

Yes, It was me :wink: Polly was knocked out...... Kidding!:D

I talked to Komi last night.... and we switched from HP to Natural Springs in Ohio (www.naturalspringsresort.com). Sounds like fun!!

Komi... thanks for the recommendation... I didn't even know that Natural Springs was there.

Tracker-- I haven't heard from you. Are you still interested? I'll PM you my cell number. We are meeting at about 9:30 Saturday morn.

I called Natural Springs today and the water temp is 78 and the thermocline is at about 17 feet. BUT, viz on Mon (July 17) was only apx 7-10 ft. They aren't sure why viz is bad, but think it may have something to do with the heat wave and having lots of swimmers. My guess is swimmers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom