Hidden Paradise July 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
I called Natural Springs today and the water temp is 78 and the thermocline is at about 17 feet. BUT, viz on Mon (July 17) was only apx 7-10 ft. They aren't sure why viz is bad, but think it may have something to do with the heat wave and having lots of swimmers. My guess is swimmers.

Thermo at 17'. Isn't that about the max depth at NS? :D

It was about a month ago...

73F air
61F at 16ft
54F at 26ft.

I think the max depth at NS is like 27 or 28 feet. I've never been there, just going by what Komi and the lady at NS said.

Thanks for the info Hoosier. I'm so ready to dive... haven't been since last summer (at HP). I got a new wetsuit and mask today... so will try it out and have to get my bouyancy adjusted this weekend. I must say, though, I think I'm gonna look a bit goofy, as my suit, bcd, and mask are blue... my snorkel and fins are still pink! LOL

Ah, well... the fish don't care about color, why should I?!?!

erparamedic:
Thanks for the info Hoosier.

You're welcome... Check out this. It will give some clues...

You need to go to the registration building and get the sheet and receipt.
Go to the tank station (shop) and give the sheet for the air refill. If you have a steel tank, you have to pay $1 more in cash.

And, have fun and dive safe.........:)

$1 more for a steel tank?? I assume that this for HP and not LP.

crpntr133:
$1 more for a steel tank?? I assume that this for HP and not LP.

Actually, more than 80 CF.... He knows what you are bringing in....:wink:

Divin'Hoosier:
Hey Tracker. Thanks for the response. I've actually changed my plans and am heading up to Gilboa the evening of 7/20 for a days worth of diving on 7/21.

Did you make Gilboa trip?

hoosier:
Did you make Gilboa trip?

Unfortunately I had to scrub the trip at the last minute. My dive buddy was getting over a case of the flu and he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to dive or not.

Divin'Hoosier:
Unfortunately I had to scrub the trip at the last minute. My dive buddy was getting over a case of the flu and he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to dive or not.

Aw, bummer for both. Well, you're still welcome to join us at Natural Springs. We're meeting at 9:30 Sat morning.

Weather is supposed to be in the 70's with light rain (total acum. less than 0.2 inches and intermittant).

Back
Top Bottom