Hidden Paradise 12/1/07...Brrrrrrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to say thanks to fellow SB'ers Crpntr133 and Landlocked for an enjoyable, yet chilly dive at Hidden Paradise today. Prior to today, my co-workers have asked me if my diving season was over for the year, seeing as how this is my first year of diving, I didn't quite know how cold the conditions had to be before I opted out of diving. I had told my co-workers that I would just keep diving until I became uncomfortable.

I have not yet purchased nor have I learned how to use a drysuit, so I used a borrowed semi-dry suit today. As we were suiting up there was a slight drizzle of icy sleet raining down on us. Air temp was in the mid 30's the water temp was 45-47 degrees throughout. Borrowing from Wally's idea, I had a 1-gallon thermos filled with water (started off hot at home....cooled off to warmish at HP) to fill up my suit prior to the dive. We cruised along the bottom (18') looking at the occasional bass, and bluegill (Wally spotted a spoonbill at the surface). Visibility was in the 10-15' range. I happened across yet another mask on the bottom...this one however was not a nice scuba mask, rather the type one uses in their backyard pool, but my 7-year old will think it is great. I was able to last 35 min before needing to get out and find some warmth in the pop-up shelter. As we finished our swim to the dock, we were met by yet another SBer, WT.

After the dive, the pop-up tent with the propane heater inside was a welcome sight. The showers at Hidden Paradise were great too! I opted out of a 2nd dive, as I was still a bit chilly. I'm not yet done with the diving for this year, as I do have a date set for Bonne Terre Dec 22, but I want to at least make it to a DUI Dog Days next year to try out a drysuit.

It is kinda nice being the least experienced diver among a group as I get to learn more. I was able to get a quick introduction, from Landlocked, on how doubles are set up.

I wasn't able to make it for the dining with the KPP, but maybe next time.

Fuel $30
Air fills $10
Entry fee $10
Dinner $52

Diving with old buddies and meeting new buddies PRICELESS!:D

Nice too meet you Adam, you are well on your way to being a very competent diver.

A few pics from yesterday,

DSC035901.JPG

DSC035911.JPG

DSC03596.JPG

DSC03597.JPG

DSC03600.JPG

Now I'm off to heal my leg from the battle with the entry ramp from hell!!!:D

Great post guys. Thanks for a great time!! Wish it could have been a bit warmer but the ez-up and the heater made it bearable.

I agree with Chris, your on your way to being a competent diver Adam. Hope we can dive something local next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom