Hibiscus St - 8/7/04 0800 - Join us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a great dive today. I enjoyed it, and so did Jack. Jack is ready to go diving at LBTS again. Too bad Jack's calf cramped up. I told him that he needs to start taking some calcium... He's a growing boy... He needs it.

It was great meeting everyone. It's always great to put faces with names.

When I got home tonight, Jack and I received complaints about "not enough lobster". So, I'm taking Kathleen (my 13 yr old) to Ft Pierce tomorrow morning. She wants to catch some bugs, too.

Al

Hey guys, I too had a blast.... This was my first time diving this site and it rocked. Nice and easy (other than loooooong surface swim back in on my account, sorrry) It was nice to match faces and names with screen names. I loved the reefs, saw a lot of stuff, "Hawkeye ScubaBabe" spotted a nurse shark for us to enjoy, I still can't believe she found that sucker as well as it was hid, got to practice search and recovery with Scubaguy62 (woohoo, it was fun hanging upside down watching him do all the work....hehehehe) Grier found a couple stingrays and one very desperately need mask and snorkel (yay Grier, you saved the day). I wish I would have gotten a chance to meet everyone else before the dive, but me and ScubaDad (I was secretly following the car in front with the dive flag,hehehehehe) both took the directions off the web page and parked in the wrong area, no worries though, got to meet some new divers and had time to bs for a bit.

Anytime anyone wants to do this dive, let me know, I can’t wait to go back again... BTW, this was well worth the 1hour 45-min. drive.

Thanks again for everything, see ya'll very soon..!

Not much to add, except that I felt very priveledged to dive with such a wonderful group. Rick, Angie & Marvel - you're great buddies above and below the surface. Vickie - I'll dive with you any time: it's always lots of fun. Sue Ellen, Wesley, Al, Jack and Theresa - welcome to our group! (God! It's late, and I can't remember the name of our other friend, H2OAddict on E-Divers - welcome!)

Anyway, it was a nice dive - lots of life on the reef, good and easy dive conditions, a safe return.

(Note: as we were putting away our gear, a small plane pulling a banner had problems and lost the banner between the first and second bouy at Datura/Hibiscus. We couldn't go in after it due to a thunderstorm that blew up at the same time. I went back at ~1800, and the sign was gone - looks like somebody was watching over the reef (our little bit of heaven).

Anyway, it was glad meeting/seeing you guys. Let's do it again soon.

Good evening,
Grier

Hey baitedstorm, there are going to be alot more of us there in a couple of weeks. Actually, the 19th-24th. I am flying in from Houston and looking forward to meeting and diving with everyone.

Here is the information for that long weekend: FL Get Together (Aug 19-24)

If the doc says I'm cool to dive by then, your on! I really enjoyed the reef and my buddies!

Grier, I'm glad to hear the banner was gone, I wonder how they got it out :06:

Soundsl like ya'll had a good time. Glad to hear new friendships were formed. Look forward to diving with buddies I know, and buddies I have yet to know.

We had a wonderful time together on Saturday & then again on Sunday! It is such a pleasure & priviledge to have made friends with all of you!!!

:dazzler1: I too had a great time on Saturday, glad I could give everyone a chance to practice search and rescue to find my mask LOL. Anyway, I'm out of town this weekend but back the following and would love to beach dive again somewhere if anyone is up for it, weekend of 8/21. Nice to meet everyone and hopefully this will be a reoccuring event for me, I thought it was awesome.

I'll second those wishes for it becoming a recurrent event!!! A great weekend of diving!

-Grier

atpeach:
:dazzler1: I too had a great time on Saturday, glad I could give everyone a chance to practice search and rescue to find my mask LOL. Anyway, I'm out of town this weekend but back the following and would love to beach dive again somewhere if anyone is up for it, weekend of 8/21. Nice to meet everyone and hopefully this will be a reoccuring event for me, I thought it was awesome.
well i know i will be there both days to shore dive !!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom