Hibiscus St - 8/7/04 0800 - Join us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We usually see lots of bugs at LBTS (in my opinion, the second reef line is best for hunting, but I've seen them in the "Swiss Cheese" (See the layout below)

http://www.fillexpress.com/img/datura/layoutdatura.jpg

I say to bring the kids, and we'll see if we can find enough bugs for everybody. (I'm bringing my bag and stick.)

One note of caution - you may want to put your fishing license with bug stamp in something waterproof and carry it on your person. The Marine Patrol is a bit zealous around that area. (Now if we can just get them to run those pesky boaters away from our flags!)

Sounds like a great morning of diving!

And Marvel, of course you're invited!!! <<rolling out the red carpet/dive flag...>>

And Jenny, we'll miss you. I hope you guys have some great dives and calm seas. Don't let Andy bring those waves with him this time!

See you soon,
Grier

scubawes1:
well, if you cann't get out of bed that early, then maybe you can make for the night dive at the same location.

oh, yeh, there are a few of us doing a night dive there as well for anyone interested.

Hi scubawess1, did ya say night dive? sounds good!
Gonna check the schedule!

Sounds like a plan. It's going to be tough to get on the road at 0500, but... I'm sure sleeping beauty (my 15 year old son) will be able to handle it. He'll sleep all the way there....

Are we planning on one or two tanks?

Al

Bring as many as you can/want to dive :D
Suggested Trip. Dive. Go to Mulligans get their $1.99 special. Relax while eating. Dive.

atpeach:
See everyone Saturday at 8 AM, I'm so excited I can't wait, this will be awesome.

I'm looking forward to it too!

Can't wait,
Grier

Just so everybody knows, I'll try to park in the Hibiscus St. lot. I've got a green Toyota 4Runner with several dive shark stickers on the bumper (Thanks, kids!) And I'll be setting up gear by the tailgate. You can't miss my dive flag - it's got a red jolly roger under the stroke flag. I'll stand it up by the car if I have to step away for any reason.

-Grier

Let’s see if I’ve got this right. Here’s the group, as far as I can tell”

Meeting place: Lauderdale By The Sea, Hibiscus Street Parking Lot. It's a small lot, but there are metered slots across the street and others relatively nearby. I'll scope the lots out as I come in. Bring lots of quarters (usually $3-4).

The group:
Scubaguy62 (Rick)
Scbababe(Angie)
GrierHPharmD (Grier)
Baitedstorm (Vickie)
Marvel(Marvel)
Atpeach
Boatlawyer
Boatlawyer’s son (16 y/o)
Scubawes1
Scuba_Dad
Scuba_Dad’s son (15 y/o)
Blondey - maybe

I’ll have a dive flag. We probably need at least two more, just to be safe.

Let’s plan on bringing two tanks. Weather permitting, I’d like to do one dive (in water around 0830), surface, debrief, have a snack, clean our lobster(!), and be ready to go again in 1-1.5 hours. Max depth at the site is around 22 fsw, so bottom times on an aluminum 80 should be at least 90 minutes, if we don’t try to race too much.

For those of you who haven’t dived with us, we usually pair up in 2’s or 3’s, with each buddy team carrying a flag. We try to stay together as much as possible, but if the large group gets separated, each buddy team finishes the dive and meets back on surface at the end. (We’ve had some wasted dives looking for buddies who weren’t really lost, just not staying in contact with a large group, so this way seems to work best.)

There’s a shower at the edge of the parking lot to rinse bodies and gear.

If you’re into fish IDing, bring your slate – there’s plenty of life on this reef. At least two or three of us will bring bug catching gear and fishing licenses.

I’ve got several of your cell phones. Anybody else who would like to PM me can send me his or hers. If I get there and things look bad (weather, chop, viz, big sea monsters in the surf with pointy teeth), I’ll call whomever I can reach. I’ll return your PM with my number.

Otherwise, it looks like a cloudy but otherwise great day of diving tomorrow.

See you guys there.

Grier

GrierHPharmD:
Let’s see if I’ve got this right. Here’s the group, as far as I can tell”

Meeting place: Lauderdale By The Sea, Hibiscus Street Parking Lot. It's a small lot, but there are metered slots across the street and others relatively nearby. I'll scope the lots out as I come in. Bring lots of quarters (usually $3-4).

The group:
Scubaguy62 (Rick)
Scbababe(Angie)
GrierHPharmD (Grier)
Baitedstorm (Vickie)
Marvel(Marvel)
Atpeach
Boatlawyer
Boatlawyer’s son (16 y/o)
Scubawes1
Scuba_Dad
Scuba_Dad’s son (15 y/o)
Blondey - maybe

I’ll have a dive flag. We probably need at least two more, just to be safe.

Let’s plan on bringing two tanks. Weather permitting, I’d like to do one dive (in water around 0830), surface, debrief, have a snack, clean our lobster(!), and be ready to go again in 1-1.5 hours. Max depth at the site is around 22 fsw, so bottom times on an aluminum 80 should be at least 90 minutes, if we don’t try to race too much.

For those of you who haven’t dived with us, we usually pair up in 2’s or 3’s, with each buddy team carrying a flag. We try to stay together as much as possible, but if the large group gets separated, each buddy team finishes the dive and meets back on surface at the end. (We’ve had some wasted dives looking for buddies who weren’t really lost, just not staying in contact with a large group, so this way seems to work best.)

There’s a shower at the edge of the parking lot to rinse bodies and gear.

If you’re into fish IDing, bring your slate – there’s plenty of life on this reef. At least two or three of us will bring bug catching gear and fishing licenses.

I’ve got several of your cell phones. Anybody else who would like to PM me can send me his or hers. If I get there and things look bad (weather, chop, viz, big sea monsters in the surf with pointy teeth), I’ll call whomever I can reach. I’ll return your PM with my number.

Otherwise, it looks like a cloudy but otherwise great day of diving tomorrow.

See you guys there.

Grier

Grier

I think that Lisa and Kevin, members from the singledivers board might also join us.

This is a really stupid question, but is there an easy way to get tanks from car to beach?

Theresa

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom