Hi need some Florida diving recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almog

Registered
Reaction score
arriving on a family trip to Florida on April for the first time .
have a chance to do 2 diving days
what are the most recommend dive sites around ?
( Im a very experienced dive instructor for the past 25 years from Israel , with lot of dives in the rad sea)
What to something diffract from the common coral reef (big animal's wrack's etc.

What part of Florida will you be vacationing in? Key West, Ft Lauderdale area, cave country, panhandle, or the gulf coast?

That will give posters an idea of what dive sites you will be near.

As @ScubaSam has mentioned, where in FL are you vacationing? It’s a big state!

Share where in the state you’ll be and you’ll get lots of recommendations. May want to have this moved to the Florida forum as well. You’ll get more visibility by folks that dive FL regularly.

( Im a very experienced dive instructor for the past 25 years from Israel , with lot of dives in the rad sea)

I want to dive in this ‘rad sea’ you mention!!! :wink:
(I know it’s a typo, I just love the name!)

Do you like reef or wreck diving ?

arriving on a family trip to Florida on April for the first time .
have a chance to do 2 diving days
what are the most recommend dive sites around ?
What to something diffract from the common coral reef (big animal's wrack's etc.
Thanks all. Arriving to Miami trip to the Everglades and the Keys, then Orlando, Over all 2 weeks .
when the foamily will visit Orlando theme Parks i have a Pass to go scuba diving. it can even be 2 -3 Day of leave abord , Shore q boat , cavern hark diving ( no Cages ) , wracks.
Open to suggestions.

As @ScubaSam has mentioned, where in FL are you vacationing? It’s a big state!

Share where in the state you’ll be and you’ll get lots of recommendations. May want to have this moved to the Florida forum as well. You’ll get more visibility by folks that dive FL regularly.

I want to dive in this ‘rad sea’ you mention!!! :wink:
(I know it’s a typo, I just love the name!)
sorry for the spelling Red sea . can give many recommendation Israel, Jordan , Egypt great Diving

Hi @almog

If I only had 2 or 3 days, I would probably recommend Jupiter. It's something like a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando. You will be too late for Lemon Shark aggregation but a good chance to see sharks, Goliath Grouper, turtles, the usual reef fish.

I use Jupiter Dive Center, there are several good operators others can speak to. With JDC, you could get up to 4 dives/day. Will you have your equipment? JDC has busy rental service if you need things, nitrox cylinders are readily available. There are some baited/feeding shark dives that others can tell you about, if you are interested.

Best wishes for a good visit

Hi @almog

If I only had 2 or 3 days, I would probably recommend Jupiter. It's something like a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando. You will be too late for Lemon Shark aggregation but a good chance to see sharks, Goliath Grouper, turtles, the usual reef fish.

I use Jupiter Dive Center, there are several good operators others can speak to. With JDC, you could get up to 4 dives/day. Will you have your equipment? JDC has busy rental service if you need things, nitrox cylinders are readily available. There are some baited/feeding shark dives that others can tell you about, if you are interested.

Best wishes for a good visit

Another vote for Jupiter and Jupiter Dive Center.

Also, if you will be in the Keys and enjoy wrecks, Key Largo has the Spiegel Grove. It is a fantastic wreck dive that takes many dives to see it all. I would recommend Horizon Divers in Key Largo.

These might be helpful:

Jupiter Dive Center

Horizon Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom