Hi need some Florida diving recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What part of Florida will you be vacationing in? Key West, Ft Lauderdale area, cave country, panhandle, or the gulf coast?

That will give posters an idea of what dive sites you will be near.
What part of Florida will you be vacationing in? Key West, Ft Lauderdale area, cave country, panhandle, or the gulf coast?

That will give posters an idea of what dive sites you will be nea

These might be helpful:

Jupiter Dive Center

Horizon Divers
10X a lot that's very helpful

I live in Orlando; I also recommend Jupiter / West Palm Beach / Boynton Beach. All within a 2.5 hour drive from the Orlando airport for day trips; if you stay overnight in that area for 1 or 2 nights you can easily do as many as 8 dives.

I live in Orlando; I also recommend Jupiter / West Palm Beach / Boynton Beach. All within a 2.5 hour drive from the Orlando airport for day trips; if you stay overnight in that area for 1 or 2 nights you can easily do as many as 8 dives.
thanks thanks a lot

arriving on a family trip to Florida on April for the first time .
have a chance to do 2 diving days
what are the most recommend dive sites around ?
( Im a very experienced dive instructor for the past 25 years from Israel , with lot of dives in the rad sea)
What to something diffract from the common coral reef (big animal's wrack's etc.
One more Q please, If i want to do a nice Cavern guided dive for non certified cave diver ( I'm certified Trimix Ins by TDi and Tech 2 GUE) Looking for a first time beginners experiences ( Need to rent full Gear & fined a nice reliable Guide )

One more Q please, If i want to do a nice Cavern guided dive for non certified cave diver ( I'm certified Trimix Ins by TDi and Tech 2 GUE) Looking for a first time beginners experiences ( Need to rent full Gear & fined a nice reliable Guide )
I'm not a certified Cavern or Cave Diver, but I don't think that any of the Florida Caverns/Caves within day trip distance from Orlando encourage or support a "discover Cavern" guided experience. There are no SCUBA police, so you might find someone to do it. However, I think you could arrange with a Cavern/Cave Instructor to take a lesson. My off-the-cuff recommendation, since you have GUE Tech Certs, would be to contact Extreme Exposure shop in High Springs. That's a lot to try to get done in 2 days of diving though.

I'm not a certified Cavern or Cave Diver, but I don't think that any of the Florida Caverns/Caves within day trip distance from Orlando encourage or support a "discover Cavern" guided experience. There are no SCUBA police, so you might find someone to do it. However, I think you could arrange with a Cavern/Cave Instructor to take a lesson. My off-the-cuff recommendation, since you have GUE Tech Certs, would be to contact Extreme Exposure shop in High Springs. That's a lot to try to get done in 2 days of diving though.

... or contact GUE HQ since they are also in High Springs along with Extreme Exposure. Given that you are GUE Tech 2, I'm sure they can work with you an a proper way to allow you to safely experience the FL caverns/caves. High Spring FL is around 2 hrs northwest of Orlando.

... or contact GUE HQ since they are also in High Springs along with Extreme Exposure. Given that you are GUE Tech 2, I'm sure they can work with you an a proper way to allow you to safely experience the FL caverns/caves. High Spring FL is around 2 hrs northwest of Orlando.

And you could try asking for an invite to this private GUE sub-group on Facebook: South East Underwater Explorers (SEUE).

@almog, certainly NOT dive related, but falling into the category of "something you don't see everyday", NASA is planning a couple rocket launches that might coincide with your trip. One of these is a manned space flight to the ISS that is currently scheduled for 15 April.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.02.56 AM.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom