Votes: 0 0.0%
  • there are a bunch of places I will send an email to you

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:dazzler1:
Hi my name is Bridget and One day soon I am moving to FLorida from Landlocked Tennessee where I live in Nashville. I just got marrried on St Patricks DAy and my hubby and I are both divers, and Jimy Buffet fans. WE like to rock climb and golf and we are going to Cozumel in July/August for our honeymoon/to dive. I am working towards becoming an Instructor in PADI, NAUI and SSI over the next few years. I am currently half way to Divemaster. I was born a diver at heart. I have 4 boys and I was in the Army for 4 years so that kinda slowed me down. I took my first pool dive in 6 th grade and my mom got scared that I would drown someday so wouldn't let me continue but here I am now. I am a red head with green eyes and I am Irish. I love to dive and have fun and take pictures and when my kids get grown I want to teach kids to dive. Any suggestions as I go forward???

Howdy Brdiget!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a newbie?!

:D

Hey Bridget,

I'm a fairly new diver from B'ham, just down the road from you. I can't tell you about Rock Divers. Haven't been there. But we do have Bluewater Park just outside of B'ham. Pretty nice facilities. And it's pretty amazing....to my knowledge it's the ONLY thing that Birmingham has that Atlanta doesn't. I see cars from all over Georgia and TN there on weekends. So it would probably be worth coming down. There are hotels or since you climb (I do to) I imagine that you probably would camp. Oak Mtn State Park is about 15 minutes away.

At the very least, it would be a good tuneup for you before you go to Cozumel. My wife and I just got back from Curacao and it far exceeded my expectations.

Good luck,

Beck

Hi my name is Bridget and One day soon I am moving to FLorida from Landlocked Tennessee where I live in Nashville. I just got marrried on St Patricks DAy and my hubby and I are both divers, and Jimy Buffet fans. WE like to rock climb and golf and we are going to Cozumel in July/August for our honeymoon/to dive. I am working towards becoming an Instructor in PADI, NAUI and SSI over the next few years. I am currently half way to Divemaster. I was born a diver at heart. I have 4 boys and I was in the Army for 4 years so that kinda slowed me down. I took my first pool dive in 6 th grade and my mom got scared that I would drown someday so wouldn't let me continue but here I am now. I am a red head with green eyes and I am Irish. I love to dive and have fun and take pictures and when my kids get grown I want to teach kids to dive. Any suggestions as I go forward???[/QUOTE]

beachdivequeenbelam:
I am working towards becoming an Instructor in PADI, NAUI and SSI over the next few years. I am currently half way to Divemaster.
Which shop are you training with?

As far as local diving, Martha's is the best bet for training based on its proximity. Pennyroyal can be a nice change of pace, especially for drysuit training in summer.

hey bridget.. my wife also is from Nashville, she is Irish, and has green eyes...

small world :wink:

Welcome to the board Bridget. Rock Divers is what you make of it. I like it because i'm "half-full" kind of diver. But I did get robbed in the pumpkin carving contest last year. 2nd place my eye, I lost to props and people that didn't follow the rules.

I too was in the Army and was up the road in the 101st for three years (HHC 3/187th IN). If you and your husband decide to head this way one weekend you'll have to stop by The US Space & Rocket Center to see the sights and to see my "office." Same thing with the rest of ya'll. I may even be able to let you dive my "office." :wink:

I was stationed last at Fort Campbell KY in the 501st Sig. When were you at Campbell? I was there from 1995-2000 but I got out myself out of Active duty in 1997. My exhusband was in B co. 2/502nd Inf until 12/2000

neophytediver:
Welcome to the board Bridget. Rock Divers is what you make of it. I like it because i'm "half-full" kind of diver. But I did get robbed in the pumpkin carving contest last year. 2nd place my eye, I lost to props and people that didn't follow the rules.

I too was in the Army and was up the road in the 101st for three years (HHC 3/187th IN). If you and your husband decide to head this way one weekend you'll have to stop by The US Space & Rocket Center to see the sights and to see my "office." Same thing with the rest of ya'll. I may even be able to let you dive my "office." :wink:

We will have to do that I have never been there only past it three times.

neophytediver:
Sep 98-May 01. My roommate was in HHC 2/502 IN when all that mess with Barry Wenchel (?) happened. Hard times then.

My exhusband SPC Jeremy Wachter was on CQ that night I believe
That was really sad time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom