Hi Guys & Gals!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bren Tierney

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wandered across your forum after searching for details on diving in Eritrea!! Certainly looks like you've got plenty of variety going on here.

Right, I think I'll take myself off for a quick peruse.

Take care and dive safe all - always.

Cheers,

welcome aboard!

Hello from the former colonies! :)

Well thanks for the warm welcome chaps! :D

Now let me see; have I been diving long? Since 1990. Just over 1500 dives in all.

Originally began in the usual 'PADI Puppy' route out in the warm blue water of the Maldives - ended up living there for 18 months running a big-game fishing operation and dive-guiding. You had to live my Hell to appreciate my pain......... :bang: Hehehe.

Then bugged-out and went over to live in Ozz and NZ (via Sri Lanka, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam - two words, not one! - , Laos, Burma and Malaysia.

Then spent my time diving just about any where I could find it: South Africa, Mozambique, Bahamas, Tobago, Oman, Red Sea and the UK - where we dive every weekend - see our URL below for a heads-up on our dive calendar.

Although I'm supposed to be doing my PADI DM course, I've effectively Sh*t-canned it and am taking the TDI/SDI route, as my diving is now (and has been for a long time) more 'techie-n-twins' orientated - well it has to be, diving in the UK, where a dry-bag is not just a 'nice-to-have', more of a prerequisite.

That said, there are more than 100,000 wrecks round the coast of the UK, and I intend to dive as many as I can before I go to that great Dive Marshall in the sky.

Did my TDI Advanced Nitrox a year ago and currently doing my deco procedures (TDI) and thence onto my Trimix course. We've just be made aware a bunch of virgin wrecks in the 60 to 75 metre range off the coast of Donegal (Ireland) where the viz is more than 30 metres!!! Well, it would be rude and churlish not to, wouldn't it!

Still looking forward to doing the Blue Holes in both Dahab (Red Sea) and Belize. Scapa Flow is on the cards too shortly. And, in the not too far off, wanna do Palau, Truk (Chuk) Lagoon, Bikini Atoll and Coron. If I can get all these squared-away in the next three years, I'll be a very happy chappy.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to adding where I can.

Cheers and dive safe,

:eek:

Sounds like you've been busy! And lots more to come. All that diving can't leave a lot of time for work...did you win the Lotto or are you just independently wealthy? :D

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Enjoy Donegal. 75m is too deep for me, but have fun and come back safe.

:eek:ut:

My folks are from Kilkenny and Clare. You done the Skelligs yet? We're planning a group jaunt over that way too later this year - I'm leading a team of 35 divers to Anglesey on 08th & 09th March for a mass dive gig weekend. Looks like being a regular riot :wink:

Cheers, I'll take care and you too mate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom