Hi from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaJM

Reaction score
Hi I am from Pensacola FL. I have not taken scuba diving lesons but I will this summer. Have any of you gone scuba diving in the Gulf of Mexico if so whats it like? what kind of animals are down there? this board looks cool.

Welcome JM to SB!
Use the search function and you'll find 'lots' of great info from people who dive the Gulf regularly.
Good luck on your OW cert!

welcome aboard, ScubaJM...

lots of good diving in the Gulf of Mexico... you might want to come down to the
Florida Conch Divers forum and ask the natives

http://scubaboard.com/f55.html

Welcome.. I have never dove the gulf, but if its anything like the carribean (that i have dove), you are in for a treat!

Enjoy your class..Listen to your instructors, they are wise! =)

Dont know much about the gulf side but........
Visit every local shop in your area, ask questions....you want to make the best choice as to which shop to trust with your dive education!!!
Have fun...best of luck!

Lucky you, to be close to warm water.... but does that take away the incentive to go somewhere exotic? I hop to a blue lagoon every chance I can get!

When you get your C card you'll be able to get up close and real to those fish and other creatures you only saw in books or aquariums before. It's awesome.

Let us know how your training goes.

Welcome to the boards. Like mentioned above do a search and check in often and you will gain a lot of ususable knowledge.

Wildbill:cop_2:

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Good place to learn, compare, argue. :krach: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

don
:sly:

Hey! From Pensacola also....Just certified last year. From what i have seen so far, we are in an excellent area!!!! What shop are you planning to get certified from?

I've yet to dive the Gulf as well. I hear there is not much by me except way way out. I'm going to book a trip soon. I hear we have a lot of barracuda out there and that's one of my favorite things to see. Good luck on your certification! Let us know how it goes...and don't be a stranger!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom