hi from central Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

action-smiley-069.gif
Howdy and Welcome to SB...!

Well we go to NM from this part of Texas, but check the Texas forum along with the others.

Click Forums on the bar above, look at all the various forums, and try some - especially your local forum. Check in often...!

don
grinning-smiley-039.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

HELLO FROM OKC!! I DIVE, BUT MY WIFE WILL NOT. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL, BUT HAVE SEVERAL PADI CERTIFICATIONS AND WORKING TOWARD MY DIVEMASTER CERT SOON. I AM DIVING LAKE MURRAY TOMORROW, GO TO LAKE TENKILLER QUITE A BIT, AND EVEN WENT TO CLEAR SPRINGS (JUST EAST OF DALLAS ABOUT 40 MILES). I AM LOOKING FOR A DIVER WHO JUST WANTS TO GO GOOF OFF FOR A DAY OR SO. I HAVE ALL MY OWN GEAR AND 2 TANKS...I'D SHARE. I PREFER TO DIVE WITH A CERTIFIED DIVER, BUT WILL CONSIDER HELPING THE RIGHT PERSON, JUST NOT ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO GO DIVE. I'M NOT THE BEST, BUT HAVE BEEN IN THE WATER ALL MY LIFE (35 YEARS OR SO) AND HAVE NO ISSUES DIVING, DEEP DIVES, BUOYANCY ISSUES, DRIFT DIVING, NAVIGATION, AND SEEKING OUT WRECKS AND LEARNING ABOUT BETTER AIR MANAGEMENT. CALL ME/E-MAIL ME ANYTIME!!

STEVE CASTELL
405-684-4636
jscastell@gmail.com

Your bet to find divers is to ask around at your LDS. Most have near constant lake trips going during the summer. You can also look up the Oklahoma Aquanauts. They are a group (not a shop) that are always doing local diving.

Yes, check out the www.oklahomaaquanauts.com we have a chapter in Tulsa and OKC. Currently 405 members, we have members diving just about every weekend of the year, and it is free to join. Even though we don't represent any one dive shop, we do have several that give members discounts.

Do you ever dive Baaver. If so, what's the viz? If you go before summer is over, call me & I'll join you, buy lunch.

Thanks,

Steve: 405-684-4636

Hello! I used to live in Hominy and Lawton. I'd say Lake Lawtonka is one of the better places to dive.
I saw a lot of people diving Skiatook too but I never dove there.

I dive Beaver at least once a month, sometimes much more. I have made about 50 dives there this year. I have never dove Lake Lawtonka, I have dove Skiatook a couple of times, it is not worth the trouble. There is someone from the Oklahoma Aquanauts diving Beaver Lake in Arkansas every weekend in the Summer. Vis is usually 20+ feet. C & J's Sports dive shop is a sponsor of ours and is an excellent dive shop and place to stay.

The Aquanauts are a little more wide spread then the broken arrow divers. Both are really great clubs. If your on facebook check out the broken arrow divers. Both will provide you excellent dive partners!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom