Hi from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well saturdays and sundays are my days off for work. We can plan someting for the sunday.

Now THAT is a plan, or option that I can work around.
I would love to meet and dive with you. Thank you!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida USA.....

And Wednesday night is lionfish hunting..

Jim..
Mmmmm.....lionfish

Nasty little buggers. Luckily, they taste quite good!

We "The divers of Bonaire" thought the lionfish were on the losing end of the fight to clean them out... They are getting harder and harder to find and at deep and deer depth... Then SANPTA had a deep unman sub come over to take a look.. It was looking really great till they got the sub down to 400' ft and found very large numbers of lionfish... Like crazy numbers, But they don't seem to be moving up to the reef at night.. The reefs are very healthy with large numbers of smaller fish .. What they are eating down there is not really known...

Jim..

Frank-Paul, you mentioned something about a large population of lionfish at @400'....

Maybe Bonaire could talk this fellow into working with the island, as he works to develop his robotic longish harvester, that is not hampered by such depths:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2017/04/19/rse-guardian-lf1/amp/
It is something to consider because the ocean floor is full of Lionfish. The robotic longish harvester is a first step in the development of something bigger and more durable. The robotic longish harvester can bring up maximum of 10 Lionfish to the surface.

I would think a robot with a catch bag of 100 lionfish or.. A robot that grinds the lionfish up and dumps it out the back.. THE BEST WAY is to bring them to market to pay for the robot... But, Having a fish trap that just "eats"them would be fine by me...

Jim..

Back
Top Bottom