Hi everyone, it’s just me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Madness

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After a 40 year hiatus (family, career, kids, life stuff) I’m back. I achieved PADI Advanced Open Water cert as a teenager. We didn’t keep logs much back then so I don’t know how many dives I made. I dove nearly every weekend for a while so it was probably a lot. A lot of time has elapsed, so, I decided to start over and I am about to be o/w certified again. I’m glad I decided to go this route because a lot has changed since I was last in the water. It’s nice to belong again.

Welcome

Welcome back. 40 years-wow. That was back when pop music had melody and more than 2 chords.....
So you are AOW from back then. Are you just taking the OW course in full to review--I mean, they can't issue you another OW cert. card, can they?

I’m probably hidden away in a dusty box somewhere.

Starting over is easier than finding the old paperwork and dealing with name changes and stuff.

I’m probably hidden away in a dusty box somewhere.

Starting over is easier than finding the old paperwork and dealing with name changes and stuff.
Yeah I guess that would be no problem. PADI probably won't be checking their internet data base from like 1980...

Welcome. Yes, a lot has changed. Modern dive computers make on the fly multi-level dive calculations useful to serve up more bottom time than the presumption of square profile dives using max. depth for NDL. Even lower end point-and-shoot camera setups (which is what I use; I'm just a snap shooter) help bring home the memories. I got certified back on 2006, and even in that much shorter time, a lot has changed.

After a 40 year hiatus (family, career, kids, life stuff) I’m back. I achieved PADI Advanced Open Water cert as a teenager. We didn’t keep logs much back then so I don’t know how many dives I made. I dove nearly every weekend for a while so it was probably a lot. A lot of time has elapsed, so, I decided to start over and I am about to be o/w certified again. I’m glad I decided to go this route because a lot has changed since I was last in the water. It’s nice to belong again.
Doing it again is smart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom