Hi, and thanks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to say hi, and thank you again as I learned so much from all of you.

This past weekend I went diving with a local group I met through Meetup (which again was suggested by someone on this forum). We did one dive for over 80 minutes, which included healthy coral, lava tubes and structure, all kinds of fish, nudibranchs, turtles, and even a monk seal! It was one of my best dives ever. I’ve been diving about twice a month now as I’m back working and just doing lots of various things, but also am making more dive friends and hopefully will be diving closer to 3-4 times a month.

Also I wanted to mention that I gave up half way through Rescue Diver. It just seemed like too much and too serious information and skills to cover in 2 days and be considered a ‘certified rescue diver’ even though I’m sure PADI would give me the badge if I wanted to finish the class. But I decided to take a little break from the training, to just enjoy diving and gain more experience for awhile. It’s been really fun and refreshing!

I love all my gear which I learned about on this forum, and feel like I got a really good fundamental set of skills by talking with and listening to you all. But most of all I just love diving and feeling so calm and peaceful underwater. Every dive is a gift. So, thank you so much for helping me along the way. This really is a great forum.

Aloha,
Joe

But I decided to take a little break from the training, to just enjoy diving and gaining more experience for awhile. It’s been really fun and refreshing!
This is the BEST decision anyone can make. Take one class every year... or three!!! There is no rush.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom